Is a woman "past it" once she reaches 25 years old? Are guys not interested in women over 25 and do they deem them too old to date?

• Yeah, I'm only interested in dating fresh young girls.
  • Nope, I actually prefer to date women 25- early 30's. They're maturity level is more attractive.
  • Nope, I actually prefer to date older women around their 30's or 40's. Maturity and experience is more attractive.
  • Nope, I'd prefer to date a younger girl but I wouldn't reject a woman for being 25 or over.
  • I don't have any preference. No age is a deal breaker (except illegal age or grandma age of course!)

Most Helpful Guy

• If most men were being honest, they would say that women are at their peak of physical attractiveness around 20 years old (let's say 18-25). Men of any age will always find women in that age range attractive - it's simply how we're built; from an evolutionary perspective, women around that age are the most fertile and most likely to have healthy babies, so that is when men are instinctually programmed to find them the most physically attractive.

Now, that doesn't mean that no other women of any age are attractive, and while what I wrote above speaks to PHYSICAL attraction, it doesn't take into account attraction to personality, compatibility, or other attributes that are important in a relationship.

A single guy (of whatever age) just looking to have sex with a girl doesn't need to care about personality, compatibility, or other issues that come up in a relationship, because he's not trying to have a relationship - he just wants SEX. Thus, guys who just want sex will tend to want to have it with younger girls - because for JUST SEX (with no relationship), physical attractiveness is all that really matters.

But a guy looking for a relationship is (if he has a brain in his head) going to care a lot more about personality and compatibility, and thus he's likely to find more age-appropriate women more attractive overall - personality and compatibility balance out the age issue.

• "for JUST SEX (with no relationship), physical attractiveness is all that really matters."

Srsly?
      In all yr 46 years, you've never felt a strong an inexplicable lust for someone who isn't yr normal "type", based on any number of other elements of seduction besides raw looks?

Never wanted to fuck a girl because of the raw sexuality she exudes? Because of the way she makes you a little uncomfortable, in the good way? Because her voice just does somethin' to ya? Because... well... *anything* besides looks?

I mean, ofc I get yr point *mainly* speaking... but, "all that really matters" is a pretty strong blanket statement.

Especially fascinating because my little brother's (= one of the most sexually successful men I've ever known) experience is the exact opposite.
      For him, raw looks become extraordinarily important in a long term relationship -- but he's "collected" women for all sorts of other reasons that just grabbed his sexual attention for a moment.

• @redeyemindtricks Yes, of course those exist, but they're exceptions (wonderful exceptions!). But so many women don't "get" how the male brain works, how visual we actually are, and how "one-track-minded" we are about a lot of things because of the evolutionary advantages that brings us.

Over the Earth's lifetime, many millions (at least!) of species have gone extinct, and have been replaced by stronger, smarter, or more adaptable species. Any species that's still around today is a bad-ass survivor whose evolution equipped it to survive better than what came before - but in modern society, some of those traits aren't very politically correct. Even so, people need to understand what they are and why, because those instincts and developed skills exist for a reason, and fighting against them or wishing they didn't exist won't get you anywhere.

Obviously, @redeyemindtricks you can appreciate the subtleties of the situation, but you aren't my target audience. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's sort of unfair to say to an 18 year old, which do they prefer the 20 year old or the 40 year old. At different points in your life you want different things in your own life, and what you want in whomever you're sleeping with or trying to start a relationship with. On the flip side, I wouldn't want to date an 18 year old now because they are trying to figure out what the hell they want in life, they are probably struggling to support themselves a bit, and don't have the best situation. To them I might read as someone old who wants them to settle down, which is why our paths would rarely cross, and it's not offensive at all. It's just the truth. Now strictly speaking of sleeping together, old or young, if all you want is to have sex, age is but a number (well, maybe not 85), but relatively speaking. :)

• You wouldn't want to date an eighteen-year-old, but men and women are different.

What Guys Said 16

• It's no secret that a woman becomes worse looking after her early twenties.

And I have seen no correlation between age (beyond, say, 20 or so) and emotional maturity. Perhaps that is a feature of (post) modern society.

Of course, you can still date at any age. But, my point is that you are going to start losing your value in the sexual marketplace after your early twenties. Almost all women want more than just sex, and, if you turn out to be one of them, the market is going to be really tough for you. You would be surprised by the relatively very high quality of some of the women who can't get what they want.

• Vote 'E' minus the 'grandma' age - she's capable of thinking right and I don't see that as a deterrent :)

• If I have a choice I would probably prefer 19-24. Generally more attractive, lower partner count, and less emotional baggage.

If I am unable to attract the 19-24 yo demographic then I would still be open to the 25+ demographic.

• Grandma is acceptable. My wife was a hot grandma at 42!

• Of course, by marrying her, I became a stud-muffin grandpa at 38.

• And of course, the youngest grandmother in recorded history was only 17yrs old, sooo...

• I really don't take age into consideration. I mean I'm not gonna date someone really old. But I'll date someone a little older or my age or younger.

• to answer your question you have to look at the age of those who answer. since im 43 i see you as young and interesting, but if the person who is replying is lets say 17 or 18 then they might think the opposite

• girls are most physically attractive in their early twenties but you run more risk that they are under age (young girl that looks older). play it safe and go for the ones in the mid to late twenties.

• For me, age does not really matter. It's what the lady is like as a person that does!

• Heck no 25 isn't even that old. That being said I tend to prefer young girls than me so yea lol, I guess its natural a lot of guys like younger girls, a lot of girls like older guys.

• i can be interested in some mature women yes.

• No preference, but I don't date grandmother age or minors.

• After 25 it's a totally different game. That's when hoes are looking for actual partners to settle with and no dude who has been in the mix wants to bother settlin' at that point. Men want to settle later, for good reason, because why waste all the available pussy?

• Why grannies excluded from poll? It's up to the person, some are at it and would pass well over 60.. :P

• Any age is perfect.. especially when both are in same age group.

• dude my parents are still fucking and they are nearing their 50's

• I like MILFS.

What Girls Said 5

• A woman is definitely not past it at 25. Hell I'm 60 and I have all kind of 18 & 19 year old guys wanting to date me and have sex with me. One of them even wants to marry me. I'm enjoying myself and the sex is great however I'd never marry anyone that young.

• It makes me sad that this question is coming from a girl. Why don't you ask your mom this question?

• Women are beautiful creatures and they remain so even into their 50s and 60s :)

• I'm a girl but I find younger people more attractive than older.

• Most people, make and female are hottest in their early to mid 20s. But actually making life and love work takes more than that.