"Goldenballs" Split or Steal? What would you choose?

If you were on this game show what you would you choose. If you both split you will split the prize 50/50, if you chose steal and they split you win everything, if you chose split and they steal they win it all, if you both steal you both get nothing. What would be your choice?

• Split
  • Steal

What Girls Said 1

• Steal!

What Guys Said 2

• I'm pretty sure I would choose "split". I know it might not necessarily make sense in a strategic way but I think I'm just too much of a good-hearted, trustful person to do something so mean as choosing "steal". I'm quite similar to the guy in this video in that I generally trust people to be good to me. I know this might sound naive for some folks but for me it has usually worked out so far. Also, I would rather not get any money but keep my honor, my dignity and my self-respect than throwing all those things in the trash for some cash.
    The guy in this video left the show as a poor man but he left it as a man. The woman left the show as a greedy, obnoxious, honorless bitch.

• there's no common sense in splitting
    if you both split that's good but you could've got more
    if you split and they steal you lose all the money they get it all and you want to punch their face in and feel like an idiot.

• I think part of it is that you don't want to look like a jerk too, or the fear of both people getting nothing.

• I'd rather both of us get nothing than have someone else take it, and I'd rather look like a jerk than a loser.