What would you think of this?

What would you think of this?

My bfs mom just died today, she had cancer and was very ill so it was sorta expected but doesn't make it any easier. I wanted to get him something as a memorial of her because they were close. I found this locket I wanted to get for him and like he can keep it with him and put a picture of her in it, she likes hummingbirds why I picked this one and she had breast cancer so reason for the pink. I don't know at times I feel it's a really good idea and he'd enjoy it but other times I feel it's kinda dumb but then don't really know what else to do. Here's a pic of what I've picked out, just wondering if I should go ahead with it or find something else for him.

I don't mean it for something he wear every day or anything just something maybe he keeps on his key chain or in his pocket or next to his bed on the night stand or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a cute gift. I had another idea but this would afford more money, which you might not have available. In case his mother will be cremated, there are companies that basically take the ash of the person who passed away and turn it into an artificially produced diamonds. The whole process is rather expensive though... I think it costs around 2,000 bucks. I also don't know if he would even like that kind of thing but I've always felt like it's a cute thing... nicer than just having an urn full of ash standing in your living room (somewhat creepy in my opinion). If it's nothing for your current situation, I still wanted to tell you... maybe in the future there might be a situation where you would like to do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's kinda girly. Is there anything you can get him that's a bit more masculine? No offense.
    But that's a beautiful piece

• This is what I worry about like he'll be like wtf are you giving me this pink thing for, I just wanted to do hummingbirds because she likes them and there's not much that looks manly with hummingbirds.

• I'm sure he will appreciate it because it came from you. Because you were thoughtful enough to remeber and care. I really don't think it's about the gift but really the thought. So girly or not, he'll definitely appreciate it

• Yeah I hope so. I think having something helps, I know when I'm having hard days it always helps to see the little teddy bear I got after my miscarriage. I sorta talk to it and hold it and will cry with it. I know he'll never forget her just wanted something to help comfort him

What Guys Said 10

• What he probably wants most of all is for you to be by his side as he faces the immediate consequences of this tragedy. There are no magic words you can say, no special gesture you can do, and you don't need to say anything at all. He just needs to know that you are in his life and you intend to b a constant fixture for him.

• Yeah I have to order that and all still yet. I've told him many times he can always talk to me and I'll always be there for him. He was with her this weekend so I'm glad he got to be with her before she died. I'm off all week and have told him if he needs anything to let me know and I'm gonna check on him and if he wants me to stay I will or if he wants space I will. It's not easy at all but I just want him to know he has someone there for him. He wasn't close with his dad and it's about to be world war : between him and his brothers now that she's gone so I know Im in for a rough little bit coming up.

• Ok thank you for the advice. I'm sorta really lost as to what really do I just know I need to be there for him and make sure he's taken care of himself.

• You being by his side is the reassurance that he needs.

• I empathize with your desire to get him something, but this locket is just pretty girly. What he really wants and needs is just someone to hold his hand, let him cry, and avoid the cliches, like, "She's in a better place." "It's better this way." "I know how you feel (unless you've recently lost a parent)" "It'll be OK." and so on. Just say I'm sorry, I hope we can get through this together, etc. Help with the arrangements. Good luck!

• That would be beautiful. Almost tearing up. Sorry for your loss.

• I think it's a wonderful gift

• Great idea - My father died of cancer and I would have really appreciated it if someone had put that much thought and effort into a memento for me to keep to remind me of him.

• My dad passed away two years ago and I statted having sociopathic tendencies and anger issues, Only if I had friends like that OP lmao Yea that's legit OP. Gift him

• I think that's be really sweet, and I'm sure if someone did that to me I'd appreciate the gesture and then showing their support

• He'd really like it

• It's cute. And this is coming from someone who isn't into jewelry

• Very good idea you had.

What Girls Said 4

• That's a good idea! Very thoughtful of you! I think you should go through with getting it.. and well just be there for him :)

• It's an awesome idea, I wouldn't expect him to wear it, but it would be very nice to have. If it were me I would keep it near my bed or hang it some where nice. I love it, nice selection :)

• I think that is a beautiful idea. At first yes I am assuming he will be very emotional about it because it represents his mother. But he will love it because when people die it's a healthy thing to have something that reminds you of them with you.

• Kolye güzelmiş 😂