Would you try to forgive someone that really hurt you just because they are dying? Or does that not change anything for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, what a question! In all honesty, no one here can really answer that question because this is a hypothetical question, but the real answer comes from the heart in the moment during a real situation.

That said, that forgiveness depends on the dying person and what sort of hurt they have done. If it was my exGF, I would forgive because I loved her and always will. If it was her husband, I'd silently pray for him to die soon so I can piss on his grave and, maybe if I am lucky, fuck his widow (my exGF) on his grave. See you Hell you rat fucking bastard!

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone did something terrible to me-like rape me, beat me, hurt my family. I don't really see forgiveness as an option. I won't seethe in rage forever, but why should I forgive-they did something bad. I don't have to forgive someone who did something bad to me. Dying changes none of that.

What Guys Said 12

• Nope. Whats the difference between a dying asshole and a regular asshole? One of them is dying. The fact is them dying doesn't negate what they did, why should I suddenly be obliged to pretend that they hadn't been a shitty person just because they are dying? If they miracloulusly became well again would I still have to pretend they where not a terrible person? Would they stop being a horrible person? So no a shitty person who is dying is still a shitty person, same goes with family members just because you may be related to them doesn't mean that you have to like them or interact with them they are still bound by the same rules as every one else ie don't be a dickbag.

• It changes nothing for me. If they really hurt me, fuck their sorry asses ! Let them die unforgiven !

• I always have a rule, soon as something happens try to apologize, just make things right. Clear your conscience.. If you keep putting it off, you'll regret it when something does happen. Once death happens, fate is sealed

• Forgive, but don't forget girl keep your head up

• It depends on what they did to me.

• I always forgive

• If I had not forgiven someone until they were on their death bed, they must've done something extremely shitty cause I don't hold grudges. I'm which case, I wouldn't forgive them

• Depends on what I'm forgiving, Murder or rape or something like that nope.
    But most things yes

• There are certain people I can't forgive in this lifetime. Not until they sincerely apologize for what they've done to me.

• Only so I could say to their face, just before they died, "Karma's a bitch, isn't it?".

• never, i hold a major grudge with anyone that screws me sorry. RIP

• It wouldn't change a thing.

What Girls Said 7

• When anyone hurts me, I do try to forgive them regardless of any other factors. That doesn't mean I forget what they did though and depending on what they did, it is possible that the relationship they had with me will be ruined. However, holding on to grudges really only hurts yourself which is why I prefer to forgive that person, release all the negative energy, and then move on.

• No. I only forgive people if I feel in my heart that it's right and they've shown me true remorse for whatever they did. But of course I have some limits, some things are unforgivable.
    A person dying isn't enough for me. I don't forgive people just because I pity them.

• Nope. It doesn't erase the hurt and pain they caused while they were alive. All you're doing by accepting is sparing them a few moments of guilt and making them feel good about themselves before they pass. It's a cop out. If they didn't care to make amends while they were alive, what does it matter when they're dead? You can't make someones life a living hell and then go oh by the way I'm sorry for all that shit I did. Nah, they meant it and they didn't give a what it did to you.

• I try to forgive anyone that hurts me. I would forgive but I wouldn't forget so there forward I would not be by hers/his death bad or play all the emotional crap. 😊

• Depends what they did

• When they die, I'll forgive them

• I think it depends on what they did. If any of my exes were dying and wanted me to forgive them Id say nope, not a chance. They were all douchebags in life and if there's an after life they will probably douches after too. I stopped forgiving people because they want a clean slate and nothing else. They dont care how I felt or feel so why should I care for them?