Girls, I am a guy that can cook and sew. Is that a thing that girls like?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Cooking is something that literally *anyone* can do, excepting perhaps people of enfeebled mental capacity (and even a lot of them can still cook, lmao).
    I literally don't know one single adult between the ages of 16 and 74 who ACTUALLY doesn't know how to cook -- as opposed to not *wanting* to cook, or just being lazy about it. Literally, not even one. Hell, even my 8-year-old daughter can cook a week's worth of (very basic) well-rounded meals.

(I say 74 because I actually know a 75-year-old who legitimately CANNOT cook. He is an old-school diehard who is completely and wholly dependent on his wife for *everything*, and will be completely fucked if she dies before he does.
    She LITERALLY still has to pick out his clothes for him every morning. He literally cannot dress himself properly without her help.)

So yeahhhh... The cooking is nothing special, unless we're talking legit Wolfgang Puck-level chops here.

__

Sewing, on the other hand? That's fuckin cool.

I admit a personal bias here. My husband -- who is all my filthy wet dreams come to life -- is a professional leatherworker, and half our garage is filled with walking-foot sewing machines of various types. He's also got a couple of standard Berninas for sewing ordinary fabric... And he's *good*. He's amazingly good at his trade, and, as far as I know, he's the only person in the world who specifically makes at least one of the specialty products that he makes.

But... Even if you decide not to make a living out of it? Still awesome.
    Dude, North American men's clothes fit like total shit. If you are in decent shape, it's basically impossible to find a well-fitting shirt off the rack -- so, you better make best friends with yr local tailor...
    ... unless you can do the alterations yourself.

That's one HUGE perk. And of course if you can figure out something custom to do with yr talent, then, the sky's the limit.

• like when i say i can cook i mean i can cook better than most i cook stuff that is hard to cook not just some craft mack and cheese

• yeah i sew things up around the house that need fixin... i sewed a reusable grocery bag and a dress for my mom for mothers day.

• That's awesome <3 Super thoughtful young man.

Some girl will be very lucky to have you someday.

What Girls Said 16

• Wonderful Traits here, dear. Some lucky girl has a Winner.
    However, in being with a Special girl one day who may Not do all of those most Amazing things, one thing I do know is Don't let her Take this for Granted, for if you ever get Married... You may end up to be Chief Cook and Bottle Washer in your family, Getting stuck with those Household Chores behind closed Doors, where she will Not lend a Helping Hand.
    Make sure you both Share in Something where Compromise is on that List as well.
    Good luck. xx

• I kinda expect most people to know how to cook, and sewing is useful but it doesn't necessarily make you more appealing than the next guy.

• If you sew me nice clothes, I'd probably chain you in my basement and never let you out. If you cooked for me as well, I'd move your chains to the kitchen and put a sewing machine beside you.

• Yes. Home skills in a males are very desirable to girls. You can ask a girl over to dinner and cook it for her. Very romantic.

• And he could also sew up all her clothes after he‘s "ripped" them off her! lol

• Cooking is a great ability, my brother is a good cook, tho I am not that good cause I have never had enough time for cooking, maybe I had just my priorities were different that time. Tho I cook for myself but nothing special.
    And I LOVE when I hear that guy is a good cook. You have one more thing to win my heart ❤

• Hm, I'd totally date a guy like you. The sewing thing is totally cute by the way.

• its good to know guys still do this
    you got a point for these

• Those are good skills to have. :)

• i dont care.
    taking care of yourself is something all people should know how to do.

• its just my mom made me learn those things and i dont usually tell people that I can because i think i will get made fun of for it

• its good you know. it'll pay off once you get to college, trust me hahah

• I like people who are able to look after themselves.

• i mean i think everyone should know the basics, but i respect anyone who cooks very well. i think it's a talent

• like sometimes i get up early and make a big breakfast for the fam i dont consider myself Bobby Flay but i am above average

• yeah, i dig it. I'm twice as likely to date the guys who come to my house and cook me stuff

• Not that impressed by sewing skills.

• It's not something that I like or dislike.

• One day a girl is going to be very lucky indeed to have you in her life.

• A guy who knows how to cook is a huge plus for me. I remember talking to this one guy, and he mentioned how his mom had to work during Thanksgiving so he cooked the whole meal all by himself. That made him even more attractive in my eyes.

• That's really cool!