How would you feel if you knew that you were inspiration of one of the most popular books?

Would you like to know about it or die even without knowing the fact that one of the main characters is your prototype? (Let's say this book is really great one, like masterpiece.)

Would you leave it as secret or tell others? (Or tell your grandkids when you are old :) )
What would you tell its author?
Would you feel proud or happy?

I've thought about it and I'm curious what would others feel.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 9

• Honored

• depends on how i´d be portrayed in there xD

• Lol well first I'd make sure I was actually the inspiration and then after that *shrugs* who knows.

• I can't help think of Amy from Gone Girl. Her parents wrote a series of popular children's books from when she was young to when she grew up called Amazing Amy. Poor Amy couldn't live up to Amazing Amy's exploits and basically became a twisted sociopath. That book/film freaked me out lol

• "ooh and there he was, Big Giant jacked athletic and godly chisseled completely naked with war grease over his cheeks and his awesome tattoos and not to mention his amazing big cock"

• I'd call bullshit

• I'd be disappointed.

• gimme dem royalties.

• I W O U L D L I K E M Y R O Y A L I T I E S C H E C K P L E A S E ! ! !

What Girls Said 9

• It actually depends on the plot of the book and my character, obviously I wouldn't wanna be inspiration for some kind of villain / malicious protagonist :P

• I'd tell my grandkids when I'm really old and wise like, and if I knew they weren't big mouths. But I would keep it to myself for a long time, you wouldn't see me on E! News the second the author died.
    I would also hope the book was honest and that I had good things to inspire!

• it would be cool

• I'd be very flattered.

• Yes, I would like to read it. and if my character (and thus, inspiration) is a positive one, I would thank the author. My grandkids will know about it too LOL, unless it's a sexy book.. then I would keep it to myself hahaha.

• Tbh I'm not someone who can inspire people to write a book based off of my life. But if it ever happens, I'd just be flattered. I'll not speak up about it much. I'm a really humble person lol. Probably I'd tell my grandkids, if I ever have any.

• If it could be proved unequivocally that I was the inspiration, I would hire a solicitor and demand to be paid. Why should someone profit from my life without opening their wallet?

• Proud, so proud, and thank the author for the honor. Probably tell my grandchildren when I am old.

• id like to know but id leave it a secret