Serious Question, why wouldn't a single man want to meet with an attractive young woman? If she asked him out?

I may get hate for this question, but it honestly IS a thing. I have asked polls on here and seen proof in my daily life that attractive women can have their way with men.. Given they aren't super annoying or have gross personalities.

That said, I am an attractive woman. I have not had trouble with men being interested in me or asking me out. I am not stuck up, I'm just aware I have a pretty face and that people do admire me for my looks. Soo I have a guy on Facebook i hardly know. I hardly post to Facebook, I don't have many pictures either. We have hardly talked, only a few messages about travel and music... I asked him out a week ago. He responded to my message in a seconds, that of course he'd like to, and he asked what I'd like to do, if I could drive since he doesn't have a car, etc... Then he ghosted on me mid conversation. I didn't say anything, I just asked if he knew of any places to go. Then the weekend came and went and he gave me some reason as to why he couldn't contact me. I responded and asked him if he'd still like to plan a day and go out, and I said once his situation was figured out he should get back to me. (It should have been figured out this past weekend).. He has been online all weekend; he didn't open my message until last night, and then he never responded. I don't understand what I did? Why would he be so receptive in going out, and then just ignore me and semi-blow me off? My friend thinks he'll come around but I don't know I don't get why he wouldn't want to go out with me, especially since I don't think he gets much girl action. We have mutual friends and I know this. I'm just saying most single guys would accept and be gung ho.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's intimidated by you. He feel you're out of his league and he rather just ignore it and believe that a relationship of some kind will never ever work and rather save himself the disappointments. Other than that who knows? Only he is absolutely aware and certain to why he is reacting this way to you and acting this way.

Or perhaps he had some good shits and giggles by being receptive and then ditch and flake the last minute? Hey, you never know for certain, as sometimes people can do something like that all just to get someone mad or upset all for the fun of it.

Or maybe he's in the closet?

What Guys Said 7

• With this case I think it is simply because you hardly know this guy, you don't know enough about his back ground or personal life, therefore he also knows little about you. So I think maybe try to get to know him better before you try this again.

• "That said, I am an attractive woman. I have not had trouble with men being interested in me or asking me out. I am not stuck up, I'm just aware I have a pretty face and that people do admire me for my looks."

- This is part of your problem. Men generally are not impressed by women with all that ego talk.

"I don't know I don't get why he wouldn't want to go out with me, especially since I don't think he gets much girl action. We have mutual friends and I know this. I'm just saying most single guys would accept and be gung ho."

- I think I can see why he may not be interested. You are giving yourself an enormous amount of credit.

• I don't talk to him like this. I don't talk as if I have any ego lmao

• Regardless of whether you talk to him like it or not, the point is you still think it. It's still ego.

• Yeah but it doesn't come across

• "I'm just saying most single guys would accept and be gung ho."

Well, if we are living by the rules of cartoonish generalizations, then he probably is expecting you to trick him in some way. You might get him alone, maybe make out, then charge him with sexual assault. Or, you just want to bone so you can get pregnant and force him to marry you. Or, you have some sort of STD and get off to infecting people.

Back in the real world, you might want to ask "why wouldn't a single woman want to meet with an attractive young man?" What about you, if an attractive young man asked you out, would there be any reason why you wouldn't want to go?

• The only reason would be if I was seeing someone else, and he doesn't appear to be. But everyone has their reasons, you know?

• No I did not... That seems a bit pushy. It's not like he said he didn't want to. He told me he would love to, then something came up

• Then just ask for clarification.

• You're obviously not as attractive as you think you are.

And no female has a problem, if you have a vagina and don't look autistic, you can get laid. Get down from you box.

• Look autistic? those with autism do not look any differently than those who do not have autism. Read up.

• He looks just like anyone I know

• Lucky for you brother. The 22 I teach look like autistic kids.

• Not sure. Possibly low self-esteem.

• who runs away will always be chased, which is the pretty shit rule for the beginning of the LTR.

• He didn't want to go out ever since, but for the sake of politeness he wouldn't say it in a straight manner.

You don't look a particularly mature person, although, I admit, your "beautiful face" (or what you consider to be so) surely helps in not maturing.

• I'm just stating how the dating world works. If you haven't picked up on it

• You're just staring at the mirror, and contemplating your face.
      And it's not a bad idea, considering you don't understand the world much, and how it's less easy than mirrors to deal with.

Have a nice day, my rejected friend.

• You're not my friend

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's just not that interested (I'm sure you're attractive and all but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and maybe you're not his cup of tea), maybe he's shy, maybe he's busy.. Who knows.