A stranger suggested to me yesterday that I should try modelling, but I'm only 5'7?

Is 5'7 tall enough to be a model? I'm also about 120 so by no means super thin. I'm done growing for sure (nearly 18) but are there any models that look like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably depends where you live. Bigger cities with more of a fashion industry have more work, but a higher cutoff for height.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• There are different types of modelling to runway modelling plus there are moves afoot to move towards more normal women's sizes as opposed to really slim who constitute probably 10% of women.

• Definitely, a girl I used to go to college with was only 5'4 and she used to model. I actually believe she still models.

• There are models for literally any body type. Modelling is actually not just about how you body looks, but it is a cut-throat industry not unlike the acting world.

What Girls Said 1

• you can't be a runway model but you can model clothing in magazines stores poster boards for whatever is being advertised. etc..