Why am I, as a transgender girl looked upon with so much hate?

I'm being who I am and I don't see why that is cause for hate, we are who we are.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should do you. You're fine just as you are. Surround yourself with people who love and accept you. That's key.

Most Helpful Girl

• It never fails to amaze how Americans are obsessed with other people's lives, if it doesn't affect them why the bloody hell do they care? I have asked this question to many LGBT haters and have never gotten a straight answer so if anyone wants to step up to the plate, be my guest. By the way, saying because it's gross and icky is not an answer go back to elementary school if that's what you believe.

• nobody would care if she didn't ask the question to begin with... or speak out just to "spread awareness" .

when's the last time you heard a transgender speak in public about something unrelated? i can only think of the eddie izzard (cross dresser or whatever he labels himself as.. no one cares.. he's funny)

• @orphan well I am not transgender and I have asked why people specifically those on this site are so hateful. Nobody called me weird, an emotional wreck, or needy. In fact people were rushing to help me feel better. And people did care that I asked the question to begin with. Why is her being transgender make it any different?

• To asker: I would suggest you surround yourself with people who you know love and care about you. The LGBT community is amazing. If you haven't already, you can join an LGBT online group like on Facebook or other social media platforms.

What Guys Said 16

• Because you mutilated your genitalia and have a mental disorder. Anything taken to an extreme will often be looked down upon.. You can't just take an extreme stance in life and expect and have no expressing disapproval of it. There are no unicorn genders. There are biologically two genders whether that offends you are not.

• Because not all of society accept that you are who you are

• Because some people are assholes

• It is the way of the world, I am afraid - 100 years ago it was homosexuals, fingers crossed society will accept transgenders a lot more quickly than homosexuals in the near future. You are absolute right no basis in logic, fact, morals, ethics , compassion in fact in life for any hatred against transgenders.

• because the world is full off fuckits.
    People are always afraid of what's different,

As long as you're happy that's all that matters

• Will you have my babies?

• Probably because it's weird.

• Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they hate you.

If someone claims that a person with a down mood has a mental disorder, it doesn't mean they hate that person. In fact it usually means the opposite.

• Hate like you can't get laid? Lol That's not hate OP

• Because hating people who are different is human nature

• because not everyone wants to subscribe to your ideas.

• you answer this way even when I know what you said to me in private, you are so silly

• LOL, I know, but its the way that you say it! Speak for yourself

• @Laura_Marx i can do what i want, i am not obligated to speak for myself. i know you want to avoid guys, so why do you come talking to me?

• because you ask questions like this.

if you're a girl, say you're a girl and be done w/ it. i wish they'd drop the whole transgender word altogether. the word itself undermines what you're trying to achieve.

• It's important to remember the language is not our language. 'Transgender' is an alternate translation of the same original German that also gave us 'transsexual', that is, transsexualismus. It's medical terminology, not originating with us. We are the unwilling inheritors of language created to discuss us without our input. So, yes, it does undermine us, the world is here to undermine us, we still have to speak even though language is our enemy

• @Laura_Marx if you have to explain the logic behind it, then you'll understand why many people will just take it at face value.

you agreed a number, any number, when you pulled the little ticket from the dispenser-

• Exactly, it's not that big of a deal to be discussed on.

• Because their is only two genders in my opinion, you are born either a male or female. And you will always be what you were born as. You can't change your chromosomes, because you have a mental disorder. That is not how biology works.

• Education and culture ways, like always. Ignorance.
    Hope you can surpass that feeling !

• Because you're still a man and many don't believe you should change what the creator has made.

• Because you're not a real girl?

What Girls Said 17

• hey, another trans girl here <333333

honestly my answer is very pessimistic. Our world is the world of Patriarchy, and Patriarchy is structured around transmisogyny. Trans women are 'marked for death' by the Necropolis, our deaths along with our labour power are important for the function of present-day Capital. It will continue to be this way until the destruction of civilization, which we long for.

But it will be okay, we will be okay, we have each other and we will not let each other die. I hope you are okay <3

• People hate what they can't wrap their heads around - or at least some do. Even those who can't fully understand, who happen to have enough common sense to realize someone else's happiness and choices are their own to make, just accept it.

• I dont hate anyone, people can be whatever they like to be. I am annoyed though by the political correctness squad that try to enforce us to think in certain ways. Maybe some of the frustration towards you comes from the frustration towards this but that is just an assumption

• Because people fear and hate what they don't understand. They can't understand the pain and strife of being born in the wrong body, so they think that *you* are wrong and disgusting. They're idiots and bigots of course, but their opinion is irrelevant. Only the people who love you and really know you are important.

• Because people are bored with their own lives and feel the need to interject their opinions on everyone else's...

• because people are ignorant and would rather fear something unfamiliar than try to understand. it's why the human race is doomed lol.

but seriously, there are decent human beings still out there who will not only accept, but love you for you.

• Because some people are afraid of things they don't understand.

• I don't get either, it's really not anyone elses business anyways

• I don't know. Personally I think we should just accept people for who they are, but it doesn't seem like most people agree with me.
    Personally there are things I don't like about the trans movement. But that doesn't mean I would hate on them, or judge them based on that.

• Because you want people to treat you like a real women when you're not. You want to force people to lie to you and feed your delusions.
    I understand your dysmorphia and dysphoria. But you're mentally ill and need help. I know. I used to suffer from dysmorphia.

• It's not hate. People like what they like and just doesn't like what they don't like there is no twist and turn to it.

• I'm sorry, but no, it's hate. Some transgender people have been killed for just being transgender.

• when she says trans people (trans women) have been killed for it, she's not referring to suicide, she's referring to literal murder in the streets. When you're a tras woman you *expect* to be murdered, its just a question of when.

• I support transgender people ❤️

• Because what you did is sin in the bible and against christianity

• Because it's weird

• Dw, everybody gets hate. Muslims, blacks, whites, gay, lesbian, transgendered, Asian. Basically whatever you are people will hate you, just gotta learn to ignore it or stand up to them whatever you choose.

• I don't really get it either. It's getting worse. A girl I know was bullied really bad because they thought she was a Transgender. When they found out that she wasn't and apologized. However, the one guy acted like it wasn't a big deal. He said they had to make sure just in case. What does that mean? It would be okay to bully her if she actually was Transgender? I don't understand that kind of mindset. You shouldn't be bullying anyone. The situation caused her to almost commit suicide. I've heard that Transgenders have a high suicide rate and that's awful. If it doesn't affect someone personally, they should mind their own business. It's stupid the way people hate on others like that. They could be hating on things that are actually bad things.

• How the fuck do you get mistaken for being transgender? You mean transexual? Cuz I feel like that word better denotes that the personal ACTUALLY mutilated their genitals.

• No they thought she was a male to female transgender. She has a lot of masculine features.

• wear what you want be who you are, straight, gay or anything else that doesn't harm anyone. Ignore the haters x