Do you think that girls are just as good as guys when it comes to playing sports?

Do you think that female athletes can compete with the male athletes? I don't think so. I personally believe that it wouldn't even be a competition. The males would probably dominate in ever sport they played. And I'm talking about sports like basketball, football, volleyball, softball, soccer, track, hockey, rugby, etc... What do you think?

Inb4 I get called a sexist.

Most Helpful Girl

• Female athlete are definitely superior to the average male, but biologically males are superior to females strength wise so they probably would dominate sports.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some sports there are quite a difference, but I learned from early on that some like football the females can be as good as males and sometimes better. For basketball, athletics and rugby it'd be difficult for females to successfully compete against men.

What Girls Said 5

• depends on the sport and the players.

• No they can't.

• im a female and im on the top on my team with football (north america) American football (if you live anywhere else) and rugby, so i dont know what you're trying to say, probabaly wanting attention on this post and you got some.

• I think girls are just as good as males in all sports! I play basketball and I have beaten every single boy I've ever played

• Because you're still young. A couple years later you will start to notice that you can't keep up anymore.

• It depends what you mean by "good" ...

Physically talented, definitely not.
    Able to master the fundamentals and strategy, yes.

• For example, when I was in high school the varsity baseball team played the varsity fast pitch softball team (I was on it) in slow-pitch softball charity game.

The girls won, because we were an elite team in the state and these particular boys team were average on fundamentals and slow pitch isn't a game where physical power matters as much. Especially since the fence on the field was too far to hit it out.

What Guys Said 18

• 0|0
    • Skill wise, there's not much of a difference, except for basketball and maybe 1 other sport. But the equivalent of a top female athlete would about the same as your upper teir high school athlete or mid level college athlete. With that said, that's not shitting on women athletes. There are some freak athletes

• Comparing genders from a professional level, obviously no.

Compare individuals in a pick up game... Probably yes.

• The top-ranked pro female athletes are only comparable to the bottom pro-ranked athletes. There's nothing sexist about it. It's life.

Men are better built physically which allows for more mass, higher muscle density, and a greater number of twitch muscles- i. e. more strength, speed, and acceleration.

• Obviously not in most sports, hence why they have separate leagues.

Just look at the performances in the Olympics. Compare the male bests to the female bests, and the difference is undeniable.

• Definitely not. Maybe in golf, tennis or similar "leisure sports", but not in football, soccer, hockey, baseball or basketball.

• The real question is whether female body builders at their peaks can life as much as their male counterparts. That would settle this.

• Women can not, just take track numbers and compare them to each other, a good time for an Olympic female sprinter is considered a bad time for an Olympic male sprinter.

• In certain sports like competitive climbing, girls are much better. Women have relatively weaker upper body muscles than men, so they tend to use their legs more. Women are also more flexible than men on average. That's why girls climbing are more exciting to watch and more popular than men's.

• Feminists will say otherwise but if you look at the numbers you will get the answer. Heaviest deadlift by a man is 500kg by Eddie Hall. Heaviest deadlift by a woman is around 250-280kg. Almost half. Make a woman deadlift 1000lbs and I will believe they are same...

• On average to average? No and it's not debatable

• a few girls can be elite but most of the timeguys are superior

• Men are better

• I say they can. They'll beat my case at playing soccer

• Other than long distance sports that are for some reason fairly even no.

• What would you think would happen if male teams played female teams? Makes would win 10 of 10 times.

• I enjoy watching college girls softball almost as much as I do watching hockey.
    Girls softball isn't a snoozer like MLB. Just watch it sometimes. I wish I could hit, throw & run like those girls.

• It's not remotely close.

The very best women can beat decent semi pro men in some sports, low level pro men in others, and struggle against elite high schoolers in others.

• NO!! Also men are just better at sport. No one gives a fuck about womens sport.