Would you beat up your girlfriend's abusive ex?

Lets say you found a girl you love and she told you how her ex boyfriend was not only emotionally but physically abusive towards her, and basically treated her as his slave, would you want to find him and beat him up?

• Yes
  • No
Lets say she wasn't lying and you knew for a fact that he was, and he actually got charged with assaulting her several times.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not worth the drama and possible legal trouble that would cause. Not to mention it could backfire and you'd get really hurt yourself.

• If my boyfriend did something like that, I'd break up. Like clearly I've had enough violence in my past with my ex, I don't need any more of it in my future either, even if it's not directed at me. Plus I'd be scared for my own safety as well. What if my current boyfriend lashes out like that at me as well? I'd just prefer to be with someone who could keep his fucking cool and NOT be violent at all, with anyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I would leave him alone. . . unless he began to cause a problem.
    Women have been known to tell lies, especially about former partners. Unless or until I saw for myself that he was an abusive psycho, I would leave well enough alone.
    It should be remembered that she picked the abusive psycho as a boyfriend and chose to remain with him after the abusive behaviour began.
    Although he may have been an abusive psycho, she was, to a large extent, the architect other own misery.
    Her decision to leave him was motivated most likely by an improvement in her self esteem, to the point that one day she decided that she did not deserve to be treated in that way.
    If he became a problem during my relationship with that female, I would assess the nature of the problem and potential threat, in terms of her and my physical safety.
    Depending upon my assessment of that threat, my response would range between speaking with him, using my knowledge of martial arts to inflict a beating that he would remember for the rest of his life, or opting for a more final solution.

What Girls Said 8

• Well, it's awuestion for guys. But If I were in the girl's shoes, I wouldn't want my current boyfriend to get in trouble because of an abusive ex. I would want to move on and erase the bastard from my existence.

• I think it would be best to avoid him rather than instigate further violence. You'd be putting your own and her safety at risk for, what? Vengeance? Not worth it. Just be happy she is out of that situation and with you.

• It would be wiser to report it.

• I don't think that really solves anything. It would just get you (or me, or whomever) arrested. Vigilante justice doesn't tend to work out well.

• I hope he doesn't do that. Past is the past. I wouldn't want anyone beating anyone up.

• No, have him arrested.

• Kick his ass!

• I'm girl so if new karate and a my friend was being a I would help her new kick his ass.

What Guys Said 28

• The horrors I wanna inflict on some people from my girlfriends past is probably enough to make most people puke, but if he / these people actually got charged for it at least, it would be easier to accept in a way. Its worse, in my opinion anyway when people do horrible shit and get away with it, like they even think to themselves they never did anything wrong, and when not punished by society even its yeah. It just sucks anyway.

But the other side of it all, naturally I care about my girlfriend, if I did something "bad" I would get in trouble and that would make her life worse, if I could actually get away with it myself, then yeah maybe.

• I would definitely want to, but if the guy was already completely out of her life then it would be stupid to get him involved like that again cause you never know what he might do. If she was still harassing my girlfriend tho, then I'd absolutely beat the shit out of him.

• I had to do this for my ex-wife's younger sister. She broke up with an abusive boyfriend and he came to the house one day while I was there.

He came to the door and tried to push himself in when she said she did not want to talk through the screen.

As soon as he touched her arm, I grabbed his hand twisted and pulled his finger back to almost the breaking point. He went to his knees and I simply said to him, I believe it is time for you to leave.

He never came back.

• Um no because technically that's unprovoked

If he showed up tho that's a moment to pull out the knuckle sandwich!

• Only if I can't keep him at bay any other way

• i wouldn't date a girl with an abusive ex.

• No. Because not only are most said girls lying drama queens, but the girls who actually do date abusive guys basically deserve to get beat up when they stay with some scumbag.

• Well in this world is get in trouble and she wouldn't want that
    By in a world of no such laws, I'll beat him so hard he'll be shitting out his teeth

• What good would it do? It wouldn't change the fact that she was abused by him. The only thing that would change is that she would become alone since I would be put in jail for battery and the ex-boyfriend would hate her even more and have a motive to hurt her again.

• I wouldn't find him and kick his ass. If he showed up to see her, I'd drop him.

• nah, she is with me now. thats enough. beating him up will only fuel him with more rage.

• Karma will catch them.

• not so long as as he keeps his as where he's at. he gives me or her any problems... well... let's just say that she better not have told me the graphic details.

• I'm afraid something bad would happen to him.
    Not necessarily direct confront.

• if he bother her again then i would

• I'd want to kill him, but what good does it do me to become like him?

• Eh yes I would do it

• nope.. im a licensed boxer so id just get locked up

• No, that bitch has to learn some kung fu or somethin'.

• Only if he interferes with our lives again. The last time I tried protecting a GaGer, she dumped me and fucked other guys. No point in trying to save people if they betray you in the end.

• No, I'd intimidate him, but only beat him up as a last resort.

• I would, just to see how he likes it.

• "he actually got charged with assaulting her several times."

I would blame her for not leaving him after the first, or at most second time.
    I wouldn't let subconscious jealousy motivate my actions, in other words..

• He'd be lucky to live

• Ahh, vigilantism. That is literally always the best option. After all, we are living in a comic book fantasy, right?

• Kill him actually...

• There are way more mature ways to handle the situation than use physical force.

• I've gotten into a couple fist fights because of women and their exes.

No I wouldn't.