Tell me some of the reasons why you got grounded as a kid?

I wasn't grounded a lot as a kid, I was way too boring even as a Teen haha no drugs, no guys no alcohol etc...

For me it was:

- Coming back home past my curfew (although I used to play next to the house when I was between 8-12

- Drawing and doodling instead of studying when I had exams ( 9- 11)

- Saying racist things when I was 12 (basically someone said something racist to me and I got so enraged I started saying racist things about his race. When I repeated the racist things in front of my Dad he got so upset he yelled at me and grounded me :'( (No the race wasn't black or white, or Latina, or Asian...). But he was right.

- Spending 9 hours in swimming pool without interruption to the point of getting skin irritation from the chlorine.

What about you, hopefully there are some fun stories!

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol my parents didn't ground me if I went way out of line or when I used to get a bad grade they'd just slap me. It was 99.99% of the time my mom doing the hitting wahaam lol they were old school I got slapped a lot as a kid I was a little shit sometimes lol.

• haha I was spanked! But it didn't hurt

• haha no just like General Hospital, Days of our lives, All my children have you heard of any of those? They were so boring I couldn't stand them lol she would still bring me food it was mainly just because she didn't want my dad to find out. And yeah I think its something about slipper abuse with middle easterns :D

• SAME! I would get slapped.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• Believe it or not, but I was grounded before for doing too many chores. To this day, I have a tendency to overwork myself and always perform chores even if they do not need to be done. Eventually it got to the point where my parents had to tell me NOT to do them unless they ask--which did not work--so finally after many warnings they had to punish me.

• Hahah wow I'm sure many parents would be happy to have a kid who overdoes chores!!!

• Failure to uphold my responsibilities. Getting in fights. Disobeying my parents or older brother (who at a certain age became my babysitter and kind of my dad's lieutenant).

• I've never been grounded in my life but my parents do like to use money as a punishment. Which works unsurprisingly well , cos I'm greedy.

• Nothing I was the perfect little Angel 😇😇 I honestly don't remember a lot. One time I was grounded for taking soda on the bus ride for me and some friends lol.

• You're too nice to be the type to be grounded for selling cocaine in school or running away from home :P !

• haha I know lol ! Much less the rich kids who used to sell cocaine in school ( this French Rich kid in my HS was caught selling cocaine) I was like wuuut... bruh you're rich af lol

• Lol damn rich kids usually have parents that will bail them out in any situation and think they are invicible just cuz mommy and daddy are rich. Happens here in the US too.

• Got grounded for throwing toilet paper out of a 1st floor (2nd floor US) window.

Me and my sister were setting it on fire before throwing it.

Which reminds me of when me and my sister were playing with matches years earlier when we were really young. I got punished by having my hand held over the stove while my sister watched terrified. Obviously that didn't work as punishment.

• disobeying my parents, like talking back, breaking the rules repeatedly, just stuff like that.

• I don't think I ever got grounded when I was growing up. I mean, I wasn't a choirboy but I didn't go crazy, either.

• I never got grounded, I was a good kid ^^

• Not keeping up with chores, my dad expected us to clean without him telling us to early on.
    Staying out past curfew
    Being disobedient every now and then

• Your definition of boring is weird firstly 😂
    But hmm crashing my father's car at 13
    Hitting my father's car ( well it wasn't my fault ) at 18
    Speeding and racing with my father's car
    Well I told him not to buy a merc coz I love it 😂

• I only got grounded once because I skipped school. It was only for one night but it was Halloween and I couldn't go trick or treating. Don't remember how old I was

• Mostly because I would play more than study.. Lol :-P but I wasn't grounded too many times... I wasn't a bad boy then ;-)

• Most things were ones I nevwr did but our councillor is bitch ass fgit who wanna get wedgied by me so bad, I even have special "donkey" seat in there baha

• Stole a toy at rose, punched my brother in the neck, ran off with some strangers to golden creek wich is filled with casinos and through one hundred fire crackers from the roof of the house suit Christmas when I was 15.

• Talking bad about the family's religion. I sound atheist sometimes.

Hitting my brother. Breaking the back of his head

Staying out late

• Parents were never into grounding.
    So I was kinda lucky.

• Mainly i used to get grounded for one my brother used to start fights with me , id beat him up and then he would go crying to my parents saying i hit him for no reason :/

• I got a hell of amount of ass whoopings than being grounded lol but I was grounded for constantly being sent to the principal's office. My home room in school was always the "on campus suspension" or detention lol

• mostly for hitting my brother xD i was a cruel kid.

• For being a dumbass.

• Misbehaving at the stores

• I've never been grounded, when I was a kid I'd get my ass whipped. Thats all.

• U RACIST MIA KHALIFA!

• i didn't. i minded but when i did it was due to sibling fighting or not doing my math homework.

• Grounded? Me and my brother's never got that. We get ass-whoopings.

• Lol you were so boring
    You're a perfect normal girl...
    When I talk about me I got scolded every day do fun things all the time and can't forget we travel miles to smoke
    We were afraid that somebody would see us lol
    And em still the same lol
    Jut become a bit mature

• I didn't get a grounding because that's a western style parenting

• Where are you from? by the way I'm not western

• I don't want to be specific.. Somewhere in Asia.. I got the Asian style parenting. It's sucks

• hahah how is it?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 19

• I was a naughty child but I think the most unfair grounding I received was for eating my mums mango 😂 😂

• As a Latina, that's not the typical method. The only rare times getting grounded was for stupid things such as not knowing how to operate the remote control or being curious about something my parents threw in the garbage and I wanted to know what it was. Basically, for no reason at all.

By the time both spanking and grounding stopped already for the longest... it was my father yelling and getting called names every time I made a mistake (not intentional either, just silly mistakes) and one of them was already in a bad mood.

• Ironically when I was in 8th grade and really got suspended for 5 years for taking a package of graphic CD's because some jerk told me to do it, nothing happened at home. I was forgiven that day right away.

• lol... I meant 5 days.

• Lol grounded? That sort of punishment doesn't exist in the Caribbean...
    I would get slapped into another century :D and I can still get slapped even at this age...
    Anyway, I would get punished for telling lies, talking back to my mother (my dad didn't slap me growing up, he would just shout at me), being a bitch to my sister (my older sister slapped me even though she wasn't allowed to), and disobeying and talking back my teachers (your primary/prep school teachers were also allowed to slap sense into you, I don't think they do that so much again).

• They never grounded me.

But I did get in trouble for some things.

1. For going to look for dad with my sister and almost getting hit by a truck. (He was in my aunt's house. I forget why we went to look for him since he was going to be home soon anyway)

2. Failing a test. (When I was 7-8 I used to get test anxiety I think. So instead of answering the questions I would panic and cry.)

• First I would get my ass whooped with a belt. Then I'd be "put on punishment" for: bad grades, hiding report cards and then lying about when they got distributed, forging signatures, talking back, forgetting to do my chores... I accidentally walked in on my parents fucking once and my father whooped me for it. I got whooped for accidentally kicking a hole in the living room wall... that's pretty much it

• Let's see bringing stray animals home, pranking my parents, being a pain in the butt to my siblings, doing stuff I wasn't supposed to like trying to cut my own hair when I was 6, not wanting to eat, and always being late for school.

• grounded at school cs I used to talk a lot and distract the kids
    procrastinating with my work
    curfew
    I think that s all mainly

• We (my sister and I) were basically never grounded as children.

• I wouldn't do some chores, picked on my brother, did some bad things.

• I have never been grounded in my life. I think my mother knew that it wouldn't be much of a punishment since I've always loved sitting in my cave anyways.

• Not doing my homework (specifically math), arguing with my brother... actually, that's pretty much it. I skipped my math homework a lot.

• I don't get grounded lol, I don't go anywhere anyway. Rarely get my phone taken away. I'm a good kid 😇

• I never got grounded ever, wasn't my parent's thing to do that.

• Because... I slapped the teacher in preschool.. I don't know why now that i think of it !

• For literally just breathing... 😂

• I got caught sneaking out a lot on school nights so I'd get grounded for that

• crossing the street alone at 6yrs old.

• I was grounded because I went with my group of friends and rang the doorbell on somebody's door, then ran away. Even though it was a childish, harmless thing this woman told my father and I was grounded for some time.

• I've never been grounded.