High school advice?

I'm going to be a freshman on August 27th and I'm nervous about going to a big school. What is some advice on going into high school?

Most Helpful Guy

• Highschool is not bad

Work wise, just do your best, you dont have to get straight As. DO THE WORK THOUGH

Socially, I'm pretty sure you'll make friends, so stick with them. Don't take shit from no one, respect yourself and others if you believe they respect you.

That's what I got for you

Most Helpful Girl

• looking back, my high school years were some of the best ones of my life.

my advice to you: get involved. join clubs or groups that interest you, or take the opportunity to try new things. i was involved in the choir, the school paper, and the student council, among others, and i gained a lot of valuable experience through those activities as well.

if you are religious (as your username suggests), there may be some additional options available to you. i went to a religious school, so i was involved with the youth leadership team, gave presentations on behalf of groups like amnesty international, and participated in many school masses and liturgies. if your school has a chaplain, s/he may be able to point you in the right direction.

most importantly, study hard and have fun!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Don't be too nervous
    Have the 'I don't give a damn attitude'- do what you want and don't care about what others think of you
    Try to have some fun

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more