How do you look after yourself when you don't know how to?

I know how to look after myself in terms of physically and financially but emotionally and mentally, i've been stuggling with suicide and depression for 10 years due to a passing in my family, i've finally started seeking help (which has been helping) but now i am building myself up as a person but i don't want to be dependable on people for emotional and mental support, i just feel like my problem is that i don't know how to love myself or even look after myself mentally and emotionally

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you meant that, how to take care of yourself when you dont have any life experience and dont know how to because you dont know yourself better? right?

• Close, i know how to get though life experiences and go though the trials and tribulations but emotionally and mentally i'm struggling

• its ok, i can understand, as the time goes you'll get stronger, and you'll learn a lot of lessons in life, believe me i've been there and still i am, so just hold on and have some hope

Most Helpful Girl

• Is there something exactly your struggling with like low self-esteem, lack of confidence, over-thinking, self-doubt? Could go into detail on all of these but it would take awhile :P But if your struggling mentally and emotionally, one thing I can suggest right now is try meditating everyday for 10-20 minutes, youtube some lessons on it or tutorials to get you started. It really helps deal with any emotional or mental problems you have. Or you could try writing in a journal about your emotions just to let it out or get it down on paper, out of your head.

What Guys Said 7

• You come and stay with my wife and I for a period and get schooled.

• In what sense are you asking - What you should do is sit back and have a think about it, research stuff on net, ask others who you think are in a similar position for advice. ask questions (but with a bit more detail)

• I mean in terms of emotionally and mentally, i wasn't really sure on how to word the details that is why i didn't add it in

• That is a fair enough point - Emotionally and mentally are usually cases of adaption - Don't set the bar at I don't think I can cope but at things aren't great right now, what can I do to help myself. You sound like you are a bit overwhelmed, I would look at mental health support sites, anxiety is a legitimate concern, it doesn't all have to be disorders and conditions. On these sites there will be lots of help and advice about how to deal with anxiety. Even reading other people's stories gives you a better handle on things. You would be amazed some of the little tips that they give which could make things easier for you. How you feel has as much to do with self help as getting help from outside.

• Subscribe to these podcasts:

1. The Tim Ferriss Show
    2. The Art of Charm

(and if you work with people)
    3. Manager Tools

• Trial by fire.

• I know how to look after myself in terms of physically and financially but emotionally and mentally i'm struggling

• In what way do you mean?

• Mentally and emotionally

• I know it's easy to say but you need to believe in yourself more tell yourself how beautiful you're and all the things you're good at.
      Look in the mirror twice a day tell yourself you are a strong beautiful women and you going to show the world

• Clumsily

• You never learned it?

• Ohh you should have made that clear.. Here I am thinking you don't know how shower, brush your teeth and all that haha 😂

What Girls Said 4

• Not sure if I properly understood this question, if you're not a small child how can you not know how to look after yourself?

• Try to surround you with a limited number of good friends that accept you and to whom you can be open too in case of less good days. It will not work at once, but its a learning process. Don't lock yourself up. That will not help.

• Uh, what?

• You don't have to look after yourself. It's ok to have help from other people