Can you solve this riddle?

In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a common sellsword, a man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones tells him to slay the other two.
‘Do it,’ says the king, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘
Do it,’ says the priest, ‘for I command you in the names of the gods.’
‘Do it,’ says the rich man, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’
So tell me – who lives and who dies?

Most Helpful Girl

• There really is no answer to this question.

• Oh but there is. If you were the sellsword, what would you do? Would you kill two of those great men as you are told? Would you kill them all? Would you kill none and leave the room?

Most Helpful Guy

• I just looked into this one from Google, it's a trick question from the Game Of Thrones.

So I think he either will not listen to any of those guys and walk away or perhaps if he's smart, quick, and skillful enough he might just be able to kill all of them and take the throne and the gold all for himself.

But even that could be suicide to take on and fight 3 authoritative figures at once, so I'm gonna have to go with he'll "think and wish" he could kill all 3 of them with the sword and take the throne and gold for himself, but in actuality he'll probably be like no thanks, or fuck this, pass on their offers, and walk the fuck away since they gonna fuck him over if he follow what they had told him to do.

• Alright. Of you googled it, you should also be able to answer this. If the sellsword walks away, where does he go?

• Honestly I have not had the time to watch the Game Of Thrones. But this riddle alone made me interested enough to watch it. It's always about power and manipulation, etc. I originally was just going think he'd risk his own life and limb and try to kill all 3, but then again that may be the worst idea if he fails to do so he'd get killed, so walking away but instead only thinking about "what if" he had what it took to kill all 3 of them to be the better and more realistic possibility. But I had to google it since I thought things like this can be deep sometimes and makes me want to analyze and see it from all the various perspectives and angles of how someone think the answer should or would be.

One other thing, I do recognize the same girl that played Daenerys had also played Sarah Connor in that last Terminator movie, despite it was another awful sequel.

Thanks for MHO!

What Girls Said 8

• Let's just kill the three, and go on a date with the lady of the dragons

• Walk away. Sounds like these losers are cray cray.

Or kill them all. Take the riches and roll out.

• they all die and he takes the money

• I think the sellsword would let the rich man live. He is a sellsword, of course. It's not a smart decision but you did say a man of common birth and no great mind.

• The rich man and the priest?

• Because kingslaying is bad? What if said king was Joffrey Baratheon?

• I don't know, I didn't pick the king since the man has no great mind, so I assumed he would not be interested in the other two.

• They all die and he walks out with the money.

• If I were that man I would choose to not kill anyone and be happy with what I have

• This looks like a job for scooby do and the gang

What Guys Said 10

• The only one guaranteed to die is the common sellsword.
    You can't kill powerful people without expecting consequences.
    Even if those powerful people didn't have people to avenge them, or security to prevent an attack in the first place, it's a common movie plot that the guy hired by 'the villain' to do his dirty work always cops it in the end as collateral damage.
    If I was the common sellsword, I'd start running!

• Depends on the sellsword. I know what I would do but I'm not the sellsword

• Everyone lives the common man isn't a killer

• Probably the king made it out. Either that or all 3 die

• they will all die.

• The king and the rich man?

• The man with the sword kills the other three and takes all of the gold.

• The king is alive

• I'll help you out, let me google that for you

lmgtfy.com/

• Rich man lives, other 2 die. Id assume the sellsword would die aswell for murdering the king.