Using my sister's ID?

It's came to the time when most of my friends have turned 18 and my birthday isn't till January. My sister and I look very alike (so I've been told) so I think I could use her ID to go out. However, she's now 21. Do you think the bouncers will look at me and go "no" or do they care, as long as its 18 and up?
I know I would have to be confident and maybe say hello, but do you feel that it could work?

If not where could I get a look-a-like ID online where someone is selling their official old ID?

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean it's worth a shot but I'd be careful if I were you. Do some research on the place you wanna go to, see if they're notoriously strict or not. Then if you wanna take your chances, go for it. If not then just wait. All up to you, girlie. Best of luck ^_^

What Guys Said 2

• Present this ID to the bouncer and he becomes shortsighted:

http://chrisblattman.com/files/2016/04/20dol21.jpg

• Believe me. They don't care! lol

Whenever I want to bars/clubs that would always srcrutinize the guy's ID, but let in a woman even if she had little resemblance to the photo so long as it was real. I always got a kick out of that. lol

What Girls Said 11

• How about just waiting until you're 18? Or hang out with your friends at places you can also go to. You're not missing anything.

• I used fake ID's all through high school and first year of college in Ontario. Never had an issue. It's all about acting normal. Don't make it a thing.

• not the best idea you've probably ever had. But pretty much everyone I know had a fake as a college freshman. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. They're not gonna call the cops on you. However, your parents may kick your ass.

• Considering that that's illegal, don't.

• Leave the US and come to Europe and your problems are solved. Here you can freely drink alcohol above 16 (but unfortunately not by a gun :-) )

• That's just trouble waiting to knock at your door.

• It could definitely work. My sister is 16 and she uses my ID all the time to buy cigarettes or alcohol. Nobody has ever questioned if that's really her.

• Don't do it.

• It depends on what kind of bar/club you go to. Be careful though because you can get arrested! I know a few friends at a few colleges in the states that have it on their record that they used a fake ID.

• Depends on the place you go but most places know it's fake and don't care

• Unless you don't mind going to jail, don't do it.

• They don't take you to jail for attempting to use a fake ID. They might take it away from you, and they might even report you... but it's not a criminal offense worthy of arrest.

• @CheerGirl38139 yeah I don't know about where she lives but in Ontario and I assume the rest of Canada, the worst that'd happen is they'd take the ID away and refuse to give it back. If you were an asshole about it or begged and pleaded for it back they'd threaten to call the cops but I never had it happen.