Do I need to be more patient with ant baits?

Anyone else have ant problems before? I have been renting my apartment for three years now and for the first time ever I started getting ants. I did some research and got the best ant bait on the market and I know it works slowly but the most efficiently. The bait usually works for people in two days and when I first put it out there were only a couple left after a couple days and then the next day tons more came again!!! I know I might have a new colony coming or new ones hatched, but now it has been a five days since then and there are still the same amount. They are still eating the bait so I know they are still killing themselves but I can't believe the colony could have been that big since it was the first time I've had a problem. I have become so uncomfortable in my own home and stay in my bedroom because some trickle into the living room and on my couch. I also lose sleep because I worry they are going to make their way to my bedroom or get on my cats and they will bring them onto my bed. If they make their way to my room I am really going to freak out!! I am so disgusted and uncomfortable and it has been 9 days!! Help!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Terro ant baits work great.
    For a few days you get tones of activity around the bait. but they are a slow poison so the food goes back to the nest and will kill all of them

• I was using Terro ant baits and after a few days there were fewer ants but a couple days after that there were a lot again and after 10 days the amount kept increasing! I know it can take awhile but after 10 days of dealing with them I could not take it anymore, they were also wandering away from the bait into the rest of my apartment!! So tonight I just used a natural ant pesticide and it worked in twenty minutes!! I would rather have killed the colony because they will probably come back but they had to go!

• that is how they are supposed to work. they take the bait back to the nest and it will eventually kill the whole nest. the ants go back to the nest and tell the rest of the ants where the new "food" source is and that is why you see more and more activity

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like you a serious ant issue like I did. My problem went away when the owners put up new siding. The was 4 sq ft. colony living in the wall behind my kitchen and the outside. Do you have a lease? You may want to push it with the owner or management company to have an externinator on site.

• I am sure the management company will give an exterminator but I heard they will kill the ones in the apartment but they will come back because the nest is still alive. So, in my research I heard baits are the most effective. The only thing is that I heard they might have a better and stronger bait so if they do that and spray the outside maybe I will consider it. Actually, since it might take a few days to get one here I think I am going to call and hopefully they will be gone by then anyways.

• Aaaaahhhhh

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think they really work. At least I've never had any that did