Are female Aspergers harder to notice?

I think there is a female co-worker that fits some of these traits:
http://www.willowhope.com/pages/aspergers-traits-in-girls

She's not exactly a prodigy but is a bit weird if you get to know her better and talk with her several times straight in a row. I've heard of this commonly found in guys but this seems the first time of I've ever encountered an AS girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because they look like men. I've only seen one female aspie who actually looked like a girl.

• Did the one that looked like a girl had some of those traits on the link? I never somewhere else that they act differently than male AS.

• Yea she did. There was something so sweet but so awkward about her at the same time. She was sensitive but gentle, a bit lazy in her clothing and hair styling but it made her look really cute. She was open about her feelings and she didn't judge me for mine.. ever. I knew she liked me and that made her even more awkward in her interactions with me.. she was just amazing. God I really need to stop listening to this song when answering questions like this. Making me get all choked up.

• thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 6

• So what? Have you ever had a fever or a rash? If so you have AIDS... Yep you have had a few symptoms, so I believe you have AIDS. It's fun to make shit up isn't it...

• AS women are less likely to be diagnosed, yes.

• Most of the time I can tell if someone has aspergers. I will say it is a little harder to tell in girls though.

• Yes.

• How could you trick a female Aspie into sucking your dick?

• If you're a player and don't care about the girl's feeling, then you do it just like she were any other girl. Basically saying everything she would like to hear and playing with her feelings. Be aware that once she finds out, she will not want anything to do with you.

• @Vesuvius87 true. I wish I was better at that.

• Maybe, its hard to notice

What Girls Said 3

• Aspergers is outdated language, no one uses that anymore. It's just "autism"

Women are underdiagnosed, for a number of reasons. It definitely manifests differently in women. Not everyone with autism is a "prodigy", nor should it be a "bit weird"... Unless you're neuroatypical yourself (n are looking for allies in this harsh world) I suggest you stop trying to guess people's neurotypicalities, the world is not a sideshow --___--

• They are rare... my son has Aspergers.

• They tend to be