What's your Gamer Psych?

http://matthewbarr.co.uk/bartle/

Mine turned out to be...
What's your Gamer Psych?

Most Helpful Guy

• DooMguy's result

You are 73% Killer

orig10.deviantart.net/.../...pitbottom-d5xvzhx.jpg

What Bartle says:
    Killers get their kicks from imposing themselves on others. This may be "nice", ie. busybody do-gooding, but few people practice such an approach because the rewards (a warm, cosy inner glow, apparently) aren't very substantial. Much more commonly, people attack other players with a view to killing off their personae (hence the name for this style of play). The more massive the distress caused, the greater the killer's joy at having caused it. Normal points-scoring is usually required so as to become powerful enough to begin causing havoc in earnest, and exploration of a kind is necessary to discover new and ingenious ways to kill people. Even socialising is sometimes worthwhile beyond taunting a recent victim, for example in finding out someone's playing habits, or discussing tactics with fellow killers. They're all just means to an end, though; only in the knowledge that a real person, somewhere, is very upset by what you've just done, yet can themselves do nothing about it, is there any true adrenalin-shooting, juicy fun.

You are also:
    60% Achiever
    47% Explorer
    20% Socialiser

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...5-8c96-3084de77c375.gif

I think I should go play Arma and become a bandit, I just like killing other players you know? I usually go after the weak ones for an easy kill

Most Helpful Girl

• You are 73% Socialiser
    53% Achiever
    53% Explorer
    20% Killer

lol i always got to a comfy lvl then just talked to people

What Guys Said 13

• MAN , people are really anti-social around here XD Anyway.

You are 60% Socialiser

What Bartle says:

Socialisers are interested in people, and what they have to say. The game is merely a backdrop, a common ground where things happen to players. Inter-player relationships are important: empathising with people, sympathising, joking, entertaining, listening; even merely observing people play can be rewarding - seeing them grow as individuals, maturing over time. Some exploration may be necessary so as to understand what everyone else is talking about, and points-scoring could be required to gain access to neat communicative spells available only to higher levels (as well as to obtain a certain status in the community). Killing, however, is something only ever to be excused if it's a futile, impulsive act of revenge, perpetrated upon someone who has caused intolerable pain to a dear friend. The only ultimately fulfilling thing is not how to rise levels or kill hapless drips; it's getting to know people, to undertand them, and to form beautiful, lasting relationships.
    You are also:

53% Explorer

47% Killer

40% Achiever

This result may be abbreviated as SEKA

• SEKA, I like that abbreviation.

• Socializing is for n00bs :P XD

• @Tomboy_Cool
      I think it sounds more like "seeker" your sicka :P

Socialising is for n00bs? right 😎
      You would be singing another tune when I gank you with 50 other dudes right at the jump-gate... that sounds... so very very wrong saying that to a girl XD
      You know what I mean.

• I don't really play MMORPGs... A long time ago my character was number 4 in the entire world on an MMORPG ladder board, but yeah not really my thing... I got...

The Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology
    You are 67% Explorer

What Bartle says:

♠ Explorers delight in having the game expose its internal machinations to them. They try progressively esoteric actions in wild, out-of-the-way places, looking for interesting features (ie. bugs) and figuring out how things work. Scoring points may be necessary to enter some next phase of exploration, but it's tedious, and anyone with half a brain can do it. Killing is quicker, and might be a constructive exercise in its own right, but it causes too much hassle in the long run if the deceased return to seek retribution. Socialising can be informative as a source of new ideas to try out, but most of what people say is irrelevant or old hat. The real fun comes only from discovery, and making the most complete set of maps in existence.

You are also:
    53% Achiever

47% Killer

33% Socialiser

• You are 67% Achiever

What Bartle says:

♦ Achievers regard points-gathering and rising in levels as their main goal, and all is ultimately subserviant to this. Exploration is necessary only to find new sources of treasure, or improved ways of wringing points from it. Socialising is a relaxing method of discovering what other players know about the business of accumulating points, that their knowledge can be applied to the task of gaining riches. Killing is only necessary to eliminate rivals or people who get in the way, or to gain vast amounts of points (if points are awarded for killing other players).
    You are also:

53% Explorer

47% Socialiser

33% Killer

• You are 80% Explorer

What Bartle says:

You are also:
    53% Socialiser

47% Achiever

20% Killer

This result may be abbreviated as ESAK

• You are 80% Explorer
    67% Socialiser
    47% Achiever
    7% Killer

I don't like PvP - I hate having to get all my equipment fixed back up and get all my buffs or stuff reattached, and get back to where I was.

It's an unending arms race to try and beat people and it's just too stressful. I'd much rather explore and play a helper or support class.

• I used to play this game called EvE Online.
      PvP is mostly for the adrenaline and quick cash.
      Trading is where it's at. Buy low and hoard , form syndicates, hike the market price up and then dump it back into the market to earn a BIG FAT pay cheque. Who needs to get your hands dirty when you can finance a private army eh?

• Well that's part of the enjoyment of the game isn't it? When nothing is at-risk and if you mess up you can just spawn in new items , that's like activating the cheat-codes for GTA. What's the point in looking for that one rare race-car to jack when you can just spawn one in?

Oh no no. Some games are responsible parents, they make you mow the lawn and do chores to earn your pocket money so when you finally get that shiny piece of toy you've set as your phone wallpaper for 5 months you appreciate it all the more.

• @Azgeda That's what I was saying - it was too stressful to be enjoyable. Constantly tweaking my set-up with every patch and worrying about the meta is not my playstyle. I had a lot of fun on roams but was happier exploring.

I've busted my ass to get some good ships in EvE and some good ships in Elite, too.

• You are 60% Explorer

What Bartle says:

You are also:

60% Killer

47% Achiever

33% Socialiser

This result may be abbreviated as EKAS

• 80% killer.

53% Achiever
    33% Socialiser and Explorer

Even I knew I was a killer. I don't think when I play games and unless it's a sports game, I don't work well in teams. Unless I need to keep you alive, I'll kill on the spot and think about it never.

• 87% Achiever
    67% killer
    27% explorer
    20% socialiser

Yes im a loot whore and i answered truthfully

• 2|0
  • You are 67% Socialiser
    67% Achiever
    33% Killer
    33% Explorer

No idea what to take from this. Sure =>

• 67% Explorer
    67% Killer
    40% Achiever
    27% Socialiser

• I dont have psyche

What Girls Said 6

• The Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology
    You are 80% Killer
    What Bartle says:

♣ Killers get their kicks from imposing themselves on others. This may be "nice", ie. busybody do-gooding, but few people practice such an approach because the rewards (a warm, cosy inner glow, apparently) aren't very substantial. Much more commonly, people attack other players with a view to killing off their personae (hence the name for this style of play). The more massive the distress caused, the greater the killer's joy at having caused it. Normal points-scoring is usually required so as to become powerful enough to begin causing havoc in earnest, and exploration of a kind is necessary to discover new and ingenious ways to kill people. Even socialising is sometimes worthwhile beyond taunting a recent victim, for example in finding out someone's playing habits, or discussing tactics with fellow killers. They're all just means to an end, though; only in the knowledge that a real person, somewhere, is very upset by what you've just done, yet can themselves do nothing about it, is there any true adrenalin-shooting, juicy fun.
    You are also:

53% Explorer

33% Achiever

33% Socialiser

• You are 60% Socialiser

What Bartle says:

♥ Socialisers are interested in people, and what they have to say. The game is merely a backdrop, a common ground where things happen to players. Inter-player relationships are important: empathising with people, sympathising, joking, entertaining, listening; even merely observing people play can be rewarding - seeing them grow as individuals, maturing over time. Some exploration may be necessary so as to understand what everyone else is talking about, and points-scoring could be required to gain access to neat communicative spells available only to higher levels (as well as to obtain a certain status in the community). Killing, however, is something only ever to be excused if it's a futile, impulsive act of revenge, perpetrated upon someone who has caused intolerable pain to a dear friend. The only ultimately fulfilling thing is not how to rise levels or kill hapless drips; it's getting to know people, to undertand them, and to form beautiful, lasting relationships.
    You are also:

60% Explorer

47% Killer

33% Achiever

This result may be abbreviated as SEKA

• i am 67% killer...
    You are also:

53% Achiever

40% Explorer

40% Socialiser

This result may be abbreviated as KAES

• 80% Killer
    60% Achiever
    40% Socialiser
    20% Explorer

"Normal points-scoring is usually required so as to become powerful enough to begin causing havoc in earnest, and exploration of a kind is necessary to discover new and ingenious ways to kill people. Even socialising is sometimes worthwhile beyond taunting a recent victim, for example in finding out someone's playing habits, or discussing tactics with fellow killers."

I knew it, I'm such a competitive player XD

• The Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology

You are 87% Explorer

What Bartle says:

You are also:

53% Socialiser

33% Killer

27% Achiever

• 1|0
    • ok... i thought that would work. nevermind...80% Explorer.