Is there any benefit in learning about a religion? Why?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• If you believe it will help you then yes. If you think it will make you a better person than you are, yes. I am a Christian so I voted yes. My religion is to help me become a more better person.

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously yes. They are belief systems that many people follow. By acquiring an understanding of what they claim to believe, you can understand people better, predict their behaviors, and relate to them more completely even if you don't believe what they believe. Knowledge is power...

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, because knowing what someones beliefs are can help you understand their mindset and why they act the way they do. If you are especially interested in psychology then it is pretty important.

• It's the first step to being tolerant of other cultures when you understand why they do the things they do.

• I'm not religious but it's always good to know something that is so big and that so many use in their day to day life

• Sure, it lets you understand the beliefs of others

What Guys Said 15

• To me, not really. I mean... as an atheist, I can learn a bit about religion (I was religious before), but I don't see any 'benefit' from it.

• So there is nothing to gain from studying it at all? (study, not practice the religion)

• Understanding the belief of millions is not coming to mind?

• What would I gain by understanding their beliefs? I do respect people of all religions, but I avoid discussing anything about religion with religious people anyway. So I don't tend to gain anything by learning about religion. I only know and care about one religion - the religion of humanity.

• To understand the beliefs and thus the motivations and reactions of the religious people you're bound to meet.

• So you can understand what it is really about, not what you've heard second-hand.

• It allows me to better understand people in general.. I find it also helps to breach gaps that most people build from a lack of understanding and respect..

• Something that determines your life style and your life and you after life whether it's hell or heaven , duhhhhhh there's a benfit , even if you're atheist at least be sure if what you are doing as long as you're honest with your self

• Even if you don't believe in it, a lot of people reference things in the bible. So if you never read the bible, you wouldn't understand the reference.

• At least if it's the one you believe in. You need to know what exactly you're following.

• You learn new ways to see and consider the world's less physical aspects.

• if you learn the right one then yes

• Yeah I am believing the God so ı never feel lonely..

• how else can you come to know god?

• It helps you better understand why some people think the way they do.

• In life sometimes you have to get on with people even some you have nothing in common with.
    ie your new boss or a potential client is muslim and you all go out for a work lunch don't suggest anything with pork and decide to be a designated driver so he's not the only one not drinking and by not drinking it helps get in his good books mabey.

• Nope there isn't

• Yes there is so you can see how stupid it is. You can learn the good stuff and the bad stuff. Depends what you choose, you can benefit

• If you go into it thinking it stupid, how do you actually learn it?