What do you think of muslims?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably the same as Christians, Jews, Orthodox, Hindus, Buddhists, Non Religious etc I have nothing against them. I will not form an opinion until I meet them and get to know them. Reacting to stereotypes will make a messy situation a whole lot messier.

Most Helpful Girl

• The people who hate/dislike Islam and Muslims MUST read Quran and Islam. s teachings. Taliban, Isis and other groups like them don't represent Islam and Muslims. They are actually stain on Islamic teachings. As regards bad and good Muslims, they are human beings like Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and others. Character of one person or small community can't and shouldn't be generalized.

What Guys Said 36

• Don't like their religion, but I don't hate the people. It depends on the individual.

• I don't think anything of them. They are just people, just like everyone else.

• I don't mind them, I won't generalize all muslims and attack them but I do think their ideology is anti-first world.

• Don't trust 'em.

• 33.media.tumblr.com/.../...ph577b1tjhg19o1_400.gif
    Muslims are rad!

Despite the demonetization of Islam and Muslims by Western Media.
    I respect them and think highly of Muslims. It's important to note that Muslims aren't perfect just like everyone else. And the "bad apples" of the community do not represent Muslims or the teachings of Islam.

• are you kidding me? there are entire muslim nations that kill homosexuals, people with differing opinions and stone raped married women? you think there isn't a problem with islam?

• @LivingstonePHD loool Google can give you better than this
      Let me educate you
      The word "ضرب" in all places in Quran meant show, why it is translated as strike only in this place

Q8:12, yea it's terrifying, but did you take it out of its context on purpose, or that's how it was showed in Google results

Q.8:12 who says "I will instill terror" is god, if you read previous verses , you will know it talks about when mohamed and his follower was tortured and been killed at the very beginning just they believed in him , and they had to leave their city, so coming back to city is a matter of justice, they didn't want war, they was forced to

Continue with Google and give me the chance to put each claim in its context :D

• @LivingstonePHD
      media1.giphy.com/media/6OWIl75ibpuFO/giphy.gif

4:34 read this:
      muslimmatters.org/.../

8:12, We're getting there.
      The verse in question comes from Sūrat al-Anfāl, "The Spoils of War".
      The Surah refers to the battle of Badr and details military conduct and operations.

The "unbelievers" referenced in 8:12 are the Meccan army, the opposing force. So how I ask you does this verse command muslims to kill homosexuals, or people with differing opinions?

Did you just google these or are they the official verses used to justify the actions of Muslim Nations? Also how in anyway do they clearly command muslims to do the following?
      1. The killing of homosexuals
      2. The killing of people that hold different opinions
      3. The stoning of raped married women.

• i think they are people who believe in the Quran. outside of that what i think is based on case by case situation of the individual

• Nothing really, I have no issues with the law biding ones who go about their day and mind their business. My issues are solely with the ones that seek to cause civil unrest and chaos, or to further the goals of their terrorist organizations which unfortunately that number is growing.

• i would like to answer more that Yes or No.

I've no problem with them... i live in an Islamic country (almost Islamic, we've many Christians here too) and i hate those kind of Muslims who are very religious and bigot, you'll understand what i mean when you see a Muslim girl wearing hijab like a ninja fighter :D in the middle of a country like Canada
    look at this picture for example:
    www.google.com/url

www.google.com/url

, hijab is not forced in the Quran, it's just hightly recommended (to protect women from rapists eyes sight), like if you make jokes about religion they would kill you, one day i just said "Meryam's pregnancy was wireless pregnancy :D" and all the Muslim guys got mad on me, Christians wouldn't get mad on me if i say that cuz it's just a joke.
    the other thing i don't like is that they limit themselves with their religion, i mean look at that... they don't make parties, they don't have fun, they don't want to live like modern people and they know almost everything as HARAM (sin) even peeing toward Kabba (that's why they build their toilets/restrooms/WC or any thing you guys call it around like that, wtf?), they believe that they should read the Quran all the time (without even understanding a word!),
    but overall most of Muslims are OK and normal and not like i mentioned, and they're humans just like everyone else but with a different religion and different beliefs.

Sorry if that went too long :) .

• they might be having fun but not according to your standards
      and we are not limited to only our religion, i do search in many religion
      and debate with people, till i reached the point noone could prove i am wrong :D
      Quran is based on learning and questioning

• They are humans and deserve to live, as they wish in their homeland.

• Yeah but not as they wish in other countries

• yeah because letting the USSR have more power in the world have made everything sooo much better it's not like communism has killed 100 million people

• @LivingstonePHD I am not saying USSR is better but they are at least loyal.

• honestly all the people who I have met who are Islamic have been wonderful so as to my experience so far they have been great, although I will say that even if I met a few bad eggs it wouldn't make me hate Muslims or anything. In life there will be good and bad people no matter which ideology or culture or place you come from.

• There are more than 1.5 billion of them. The question is far to broad.

• They're religious...

• i love everybody... but if u ask what i think about islam itself, ill tell u that it is complete and utter garbage

• @Dimmu I know, I don't want to send that to her.

• Same as every other religious person: I hate the religion itself, because religion has done nothing but harm me, but you're cool as a person until given reason to hate.

• Islam is a crappy religion responsible for thousands of deaths worldwide, muslims have made some very bad choices even the ones you wouldn't think are that bad. their actions or inaction speaks volume. not 2 hours after the Orlando shooting there was a muslim guy saying muslims are oppressed and victims as well. meanwhile I'm just sitting there thinking about the last time someone gunned down 50 muslims in a western nation. Never happens. I don't hold all muslims accountable though there are liberal "muslims" many muslims would say these people aren't muslims and there in lies the problem. I'm afraid we have to deal with broad strokes for a religion so disorganized and violent. the fact that some girls living in western nations stay muslims astounds me who would want to live with a religion that doesn't recognize you as a person or give you equal rights.

• NO but stupid kid Nato gunned trillions of Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan during their attack, now whole world knows those were huge lies like they have nukes.

• Do you understand I am showing numbers with references biases against Islam and showing result
      And you only talk
      Think about that
      Lol

• Ok tell me a single thing that is not right or just in Sharia law. Then I will tell you why Christianity is not even comparable to garbage cuz garbage can be recycled and if I compare your current religion with it, They will hang me for it.

• So many stereotypes around them. The ones I've talked with have been super awesome and easy to be around.

• i think some of them try so hard to remain "conservative" while others want to live in the world of today.

• I've met some great Muslims, I have no problem with them. I really don't understand the hate for their religion, how can such nice people be associated with something so many see as negative.

• Have you read their Holy book? Clearly not if you don't understand why people have hate for Islam when all it does is promote violence on non believers and women

• @Greek21 Obviously I haven't if I don't know much about the religion. Doesn't explain why such great people follow it though.

• The same as I think of Christians. Normal people who are fundamentally wrong.

• Met some good ones, some bad ones, some inbetween.

• people like everyone else too. I don't judge people solely on their religious beliefs

• im one

• Humans 😕

• noone can ever answer this
    they are from all races, all over the country
    and there are converts
    who are just like another and one day they are Muslim,

they are soo diverse

• Some of their foods are quite delicious.

• I doubt of their rationale.

• They are humans!

• useless, just like any other religion

• About their what?

• Oh you know, all of it. The religion, how they act... What do you think of that?

• I'm not muslim but If I were I wouldn't be one of those who see their prophet importer than their god. Anyway. good luck

• *Face palm* sure, good luck.

• Meh, they're just like anyone else involved with organized religions and have religious beliefs. I don't think anything positive or negative about them, they are what they are, they believe whatever they want to believe.

• More from Guys
    6

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• I Married a Muslim Man out in Egypt and he and his Whole Family are beautiful people. I also found the people in general in Egypt very Friendly and most Acommodating to me, I never had a problem.
    However, with ISIS Lurking more and more, Radical Islam is something I do not care for. These are not the Peaceful Muslims, and One Bad apple now has gone and tried to Spoil... The Whole Bunch.
    Good luck and Great question, @BullMush. xx

• They're people.

• They're people just like you and me.

• Depends. Islam can be divided in two main streams, and I support one of those. The other is too strict for me. I still don't support all of the thibgs in the quran, don't like all muslims and certainly don't support ISIS but those aren't actual muslims anyway.

• I think there are a lot of them. 😉

The ones I've met have been nice. I don't agree with their religion and if something isn't done about the fanaticals in it then it's going to become very difficult for regular Muslims. 😔

• I'm one.

• I think they are people... that is all

• Some are good, some aren't, just like the rest of humanity.
    I have personally known muslims who are both.

Fyi, my grandfather was a muslim.
    This ALWAYS surprises people.

• I don't really like their religion.
    In fact in general I don't really like them but that's maybe because of how their religion "raised" them.
    But there is always great surprises.

• I think they're people, following a religion that isn't seen as socially acceptable. There isn't anything inherently wrong with that.

• I'm Somali so it's pretty entwined in my culture, we were one of the first ethnicities to embrace Islam.

• it makes me fee awful about myself when other races are better muslims than arabs
      arab should be ashamed,
      i was random youtubing and suddenly found myself learning from an American scholar in English, seriously he was talking about topics and views we Arabs couldn't ever see, i felt so bad about myself, westerns are making better Muslims

• @Dimmu Islam is a global religion.

• Yea , of course
      But I feel like we introduced it to others , and they understood it better

• Muslim and 100% proud of it!!!

Fuck you to all the haters of Islam!

• I don't think anything of them.

• I don't think of them any differently from the next person just because they're muslim

• I don't have a problem with them at all 💯

• I like muslims unless they are very homophobic.

• I like them.

• Nothing really.

• That they are people.

• Are you going to crucify anyone that give you an answer you dont like?

• Um why would I do that?

• Because I have seen people on here do it... ask the same kind of question.

• Haha I'm not going to " crucify " you because of your opinion. Islam is actually against that XD. You are free to think what ever you wish as long as you don't insult anyone.