How do you feel about Pokemon Go?

I personally dislike it, and it's annoying trend.

• It's really fun! I don't know why you hate it!
  • It's ok. I got bored quickly.
  • It's dumb.

Most Helpful Guy

• it's stupid as shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it needs to be banned, I heard a lot of kids get into a lot of trouble playing this game. I literally saw two boys staring at their phones without looking up, they were both crossing the street without looking at the light. It puts their lives at risk, now I dont care about those kids since Im not their parent BUT it should have some sort of a block on their phone when theyre crossing the street. It may have a healthy alternative by having these kids by getting up off their asses and move, but its also a very dangerous game. I never liked Pokemon and never will.

What Guys Said 17

• It is really for kids, but parents are having to drag their kids around to pick up object. And the objects are often in weird places, like on the highway. Why the hell send a kid out on the highway. And now you have people walking across busy streets staring at their phone, even worse than texting. Recently heard on the news about people going where they were sent and someone was waiting there to rob them. Could be worse for little kids getting picked up. And one case was where the object was in someone's house so someone broke in.

IN other words, I think it is not a very good idea. Plus, it has been revealed that the app gets access to you other info, such as your emails. The manufacturer has admitted that.

• See, I don't think the intended audience was little kids. . .

• @bang678 - Perhaps, but many parents are now taking their little kids around to collect the objects.

• I guess if the parents have the patience for it. . . I wouldn't.

• I'll play it until micro transactions are a necessity then I'll quit. Regardless of whether or not you like or dislike the game, we have to at least acknowledge how large of a role augmented reality will play in our future. We are going to continue to blur the line between the digital and physical world. It's going to have a major effect on our future. This is not just a gaming thing either. It's going to change shopping and how we access any and all information. All fields will be touched by it. Technology is really going to expand at a dizzying pace in the coming decades and some people will probably be left behind.

• I'm tired of games where progress is based on time rather than skill. I don't wanna have to play it for hours every day to get Pokemon as good as everyone else's. It's only been a week and I'm waaaaay behind any of my friends who play it.

• I don't play it and doubt any level of approval from the masses will be changing that

• I was wondering why I was seeing so many pale people out and about lately on campus.

• I haven't tried it yet.

• well i understand that if feels dumb for you, since you didn´t grow up with it xD for us who did, it´s just mindblowing.

• I am 25 and I enjoy it. Call me a nerd idc 😛

• Its fun but I don't know why people are taking it so seriously to the point of commiting crimes or driving while playing thats annoying

• Seems fun! Haven't tried it yet.

• A little overhyped and the original pokemon games were better but still its pretty decent and I guess it gets people out exercising a bit more which isn't a bad thing

• It's whatever

• I'll play it when they stabilize the fucking servers

• It didn't last long for me , I rather be on this tbh

• It's not an authentic pokemon game

• People still play Pokemon? Good lord.

• you're 15, you didn't grow up with pokemon like us 90's people did

What Girls Said 15

• I dislike it, eventhough I love pokemon and gaming in general. Sure there are pro's about this game, like people have to actually move around and get to meet people. Yay for them, they discover a new world: 'the outside'.

But eventhough it all sounds nice and fluffy. What bugs me is that people ( whoever they may be) get caught up in the hype, drive/walk/cycle to places and hog it like you can find gold in public places. Some of them don't even watch were they walk/drive/cycle or end up in shitty places to end up getting robbed and maybe worse eventually. And all because of what? A pokemon that popped up?

The only one who benefits from all this is the corporation behind it. I may be ranting but I hate hypes, and therefor dislike this one as well. People go insane, act like zombies 'cause of some game. With this game humans get more isolated, with chat-apps we would still look up occasionally and actually be a little social, but this game is gonna have us hooked on our screens and raging (or worse) at other 'trainers' for catching that Eevee 'cause they 'snatched it away'.

• It's fun to walk around with a group of friends in say, a downtown area. You meet other people playing the game and socialize and have fun with them. Businesses use the game to draw in customers with shit like pokemon themed smoothies.
    I think it's all good fun. It's taking something I loved as a child to a new level. Like pokemon has grown with me.
    Not to mention how active it's really making people. You can't hatch an egg in a car, the speed is too high and it stops tracking distance because you're cheating. You have to walk that certain distance to hatch the egg.

• ahahah
      [i'm on hold with a client earlier today -- I work mostly from home]
      my 8-yr-old: "mom why are you bouncing yr phone like that?"
      me: "gotta pretend I'm walking, these eggs ain't gna hatch themselves"

😂😂🙃

• @redeyemindtricks
      I wish that worked but it doesn't

• i'm just so sick and tired of hearing about it like ughhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHhh

• It's appealing. Sounds fun and interesting.
    However, I haven't gotten around to actually try it out.

• Yea, me too. I hate it

• I live in a rural area aka my house on a farm. So I'm not able to fully enjoy all that you can do in the game.

• would be better if data wasn't needed

• i like it

• Haven't tried it. No desire to.

• It looks silly. My brother plays it and he seems to drive around the area "catching" pokemon. I don't see the point myself.

• absolutely no interest whatsoever

• I haven`t tried it nor will i

• I like Pokemon, but I grew tired of Pokemon Go really easily. Just not my thing.

• Well I'm a hermit so...

• It's ok. I have really bad depression and anxiety and I read an article that it was helping people with mental illness feel better in which I can see how it helps some. Instead of staying inside laying on the couch all day I can go for a walk and it's sorta exciting trying to see and get the little guys but I don't get crazy over it or anything. I'll just take a walk a day and use that. I used to try and go for walks and walk my dog but I'd get just down the road and say fuck it and go back home and lay down and now with this I wanna go see what I can get. Life changing no but it does help get me out of the house so it is little helpful