Do you tend to unintentionally piss people off with your sense of humor? What do you think of these instances of mine?

Just recently, a guy I know posted the picture right below. It was a humorous post, so I typed what was intended as a humorous comment in regard to the gun: "Getting life imprisonment for attempted murder? My sister will have to grow some ovaries." After all, the gun in the picture is what made it funny. But the guy said that he didn't appreciate me making fun of his sister and saying that I'm scum if I was unwilling to support my sister if she was crying: I wasn't making fun of him nor saying that I don't care about my sister - was my comment really worth getting riled up about when the picture itself was intended as a joke?Do you tend to unintentionally piss people off with your sense of humor? What do you think of these instances of mine?There was also the "5 Pictures Challenge" on Facebook which a friend of mine participated in. I wasn't trying to make fun of her over her post nor make fun of her looks, but what I did was meant to be funny in being the opposite of the purpose of the post: for every picture she updated (five, of course), I updated a repulsive picture - kind of like a test to see how gross I could make my line of comments, with the last one being a "bro selfie". But these are the only three I remember.
As you could predict, she didn't respond well. Three other people thought it was funny; but I still felt bad for offending her when I honestly didn't mean to make fun of anything (although not as bad as I would've felt since she started ignoring me - I unfriended her a little while later).

It's ironic that a lot of people think Asperger's people have no sense of humor or no understanding of humor: I was diagnosed with Asperger's, and oftentimes, people misunderstand me when I try to be funny. :/

• Yes. I didn't read your post, so can't answer the second question.
  • Yes. I didn't think your instances were that bad.
  • Yes, but I can see why the people in your instances were upset.
  • No, and I can see why the people in your instances were upset.
  • No, but I didn't think your instances were that bad.
  • No. I didn't read the post.

What Girls Said 1

• You know you meant to piss people off and you did. Why are you surprised? I highly doubt your issue in this situation is Asperger's.

• I really wasn't trying to: none of it was meant to be taken seriously. And I didn't say it had anything to do with my A. S.

• I was trying to be funny, yes, but that doesn't automatically mean I was trying to be mean.

• Okay that makes sense...

Maybe what you need to do is think about how you want people to feel after they read or hear your joke? Like if you want someone to walk away with DAWWWW post a cat gif sort of thing.

What Guys Said 2

• I didn't think it was that bad and I don't think other people should get offended about these things (especially the first one) but honestly, I also didn't really get your humor. Like... posting ugly pictures as contrast to your friend posting pretty pictures... I don't think it's offensive but I also really don't get how it's funny. If I had been your friend, I would have probably just thought "uhm... okay?" I also didn't get the thing about growing ovaries.

• 1|0