Why is food viewed as something that pleases a man more?

Honestly, I've always had an appetite (more in my younger years but still do) to that point that going to a restaurant and getting served what I like is my favorite b-day gift. I don't care too much about jewels nor makeup bags & cases.

It pleases me as well too... even more if it's my favorite dish getting served.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's because stereotypically men are considered the more "animalistic" of the two sexes and eating voraciously is seen as kind of an animalistic thing. As opposed to the whole girls-are-dainty-and-don't-poop type of thing.

• True. It was still a great feeling for me that one particular day, my then boyfriend cooked at my house and I woke up being hungry and the smell of food going to my room.

• Well personally I love to see a girl with a healthy appetite.

• Thank you for MH Guy opinion!

What Guys Said 6

• because life revolves around food. but I have no idea where you dug up that thought. if you ask me women tend to be more into food. they're pickier about what they eat and so on.

I'll put anything I my mouth provided it has calories and doesn't taste horrible. I don't really care to waste time enjoying it unless I'm extremely hungry.

• Because back in the day, women made sandwiches

Now they're treated as equals

• I'm picky when it comes to sandwiches. I don't like any sandwich.

• Escargot sandwich, oui?

• D'accord. J'ai mange des escargots longs temps.

I speak some French. Thank you for reminding me about snail sandwich.

• I don't mind that but I also like to cook stuff myself.

• Because food is good

• as food releases happiness hormones we should all enjoy it.

• Okay?

What Girls Said 1

• "Why is food viewed as something that pleases a man more?"
    I have never noticed that. On contrary, lately I've noticed the trend that more and more women claim that they enjoy food a lot.