I fantasize about my death. Am I crazy?

Sorry, Trigger warning.

I dont want to kill myself (in recent past yes, not right now.) but nearly everyday I think about how I would look dead. How my face would look like and when I go to bed I imagine I'm dead. And in real life I act like one. Its disturbing and i don't know what to do. I don't even know if I should change because I like the idea of being dead.

Just some part in me says its not normal which will result in me going and seeing a therapist sooner or later and I hate therapists If they ever worked I wouldn't be imagining things like this in the first place.

So long story short, I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do.

• Crazy.
  • Not crazy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you have cotard syndrome

• You have no idea how much this helped lol

What Guys Said 7

• I like this. I like you.
    You want to have a conversation with death. This is human nature. In fact I know philosophers who have done it like you. Not only that but they laid down in grave yards to approach this moment. Maybe to break fear, or maybe for curiosity.
    That might what drives you unconsciously.
    So you are not crazy. You are not mentally sick.

The second possibility is that your own self longs to death in order to feel appreciated by other people. Begging emotions and attention and love.
    That's I also do! I imagine myself dead and think how the news is going to be spread and how people react then.
    It's because I have emotional gab! I feel unloved, and unimportant! So death takes everything from you but gives you love and importance.
    If that be the case you are thinking about death. Even I do that.
    .
    So don't be afraid. I think, if you feel your motivations match one of the two possibilities I mentioned. Both of them normal. Death is part of us, it's not something weird to think of, or even to wish for.
    :)

• I am sorry for my weak English. But I also want to mention. I used to do it the same way you said. Before sleeping or bed.
      Imagine I am now dead, sometimes wanting to escape life problems. And sometimes feeling unloved and unimportant.
      So
      Until one day recently looooool. I had a dream that I had a bullet, and I was breathing my last breaths. And in the dream it looked very true! And it was freaking out! Like noooo, so no more life anymore! Noo the years I struggled, and my achievements. So I woke up freaking out.
      And ever since! I stopped fantasising about death loooool.

• crazy to fantasize, normal to think about the aftermath.

• i do that too sometimes, its nto crazy

• Normal

• Ah we all fantasize things. Just be careful not to let it go further.

• You should see a psychiatrist because that's not normal or healthy

• Why do you like the idea of being dead?

If you don't find that out, nothing's gonna be solved, any way.

What Girls Said 2

• I voted crazy... you aren't crazy but it isn't normal and isn't healthy. You should see someone about it

• I do that too. Then again, I am not sure if it's normal or not.

• Glad im not alone lol