Which youth was better in your opinion? Youth of 1985 or youth of 2015?

By youth let’s say ages from 18 till 30. Personally I’d vote 1985. Youth of 2015 is lame to the bone. Not that 2016 is better obviously.

• Youth of 1985
  • Youth of 2015

Most Helpful Girl

• The youth of 2015 have not one iota of what the 80s were like. So of course people are going to pick what they're most familiar with. Kids in the 80s were wild but more respectful to adults for the most part.

Most Helpful Guy

• The 80's looked more fun. I hate today's society.

What Girls Said 7

• There's always nostalgia for the past and we always view the past with rose coloured glasses. As much as I think growing up "free range" like I and those older than me did was by far the best way to grow up, I do think that this current generation of young people are much more accepting and compassionate for others outside of their own social and family circles than generations before them. So, on that front, I'd say the youth of 2015 are "better".

• But music wise 1985 was way superior.

• Never understood people who prefer 90s over 80s. Can we compare AOR and Glam Metal with Grudge and Alternative Rock? Or Synth-Pop over BritPop?

• Different tastes I guess. 90s alt rock is where it's at for me.

• Youth of '85 ... because me 😉

Also kids are into some super messed up crap these days.

• I think both are different times. I don't think one is better than the other

• I'm better.

• Im gonna go with 1985 and I wasn't even there.

• Kids today actually drink less, smoke less, do drugs less and have sex at later ages than kids in 1985.

• That's true indeed... blame social media and internet for it.

• How old are you? You must've been born like before the 70s at least if we're talking about 1985's youth.

• No, I'm 33. But binge drinking and prescription pill misuse peaked statistically in my young years.

Too much is bad.

• Youth of 1985 wrecked the economy and are far more likely to be sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic etc. So..

• You're talking about the youth of the 60s and 70s dear. The 80s kids were too young to do anything to stop them and are suffering from their past decisions just like you. That's why they lump 80s, 90s, and 00s kids into the same millennials category. We're all bitching about the same thing.

• My Mum was born in '65, making her 20 in '85. I still consider that to be youth... (not that I blame my Mum for the stuff I said lol, she's lovely; but just i'd consider 'youth' to be teens and early 20s, so her generation as a whole)

I never said any of those prejudices didn't still exist, just that they're less common in millenials

• Nah those prejudices are still a big problem even in todays kids, people just got better at hiding it.

What Guys Said 13

• Some people will say 1985. But 1985s youth condoned sending 19 y/os to die in useless wars. Also was everything the anon girl said. She just forgot they used religion as their excuse to be a bunch of mfs.

I love 2015 youth cause we're a lot more accepting that before but the prior generation fucked up lives up some, in terms of housing and education sucking ass, so we're struggling to get by.

• 1985 way better music

• 1985.. the youth today is fat and entitled

• 85, but only because super bowl shuffle. The 85 Bears remain the GREATEST football team to ever play.

• Wonder if the girls were as slooty back in 1985 as they are now. Or if they required a guy to be a foot taller than them back then.

• No, he just had to have long hair and a car.

• I don't think height was such a big thing as it is now.

• What do you know of the youth of 1985?

• As much as you do.

• Your question barely makes sense in itself. What qualities are you comparing between the two groups here? What sort of answer or revelation are you hoping to get? Why/how do you think people from over a decade before you were born are somehow better and what are you basing it on?

• About the overall youth (18-30) of each era in general.

• It depends on the perspective.

• Both are shit for their own reasons.

• All I know about the 80s is that it had epic media.

• Uh you never met the youth of 1985

• 2015 Youth WOOO.

• Youth of 2015

• I was born in 88, so what would I know about the youth of 1985?