Has someone been racist towards you?

So I had an encounter while with my mother. We're in a parking a lot, my mother gets a parking space but a lady claims someone was holding it for her, she's white. So she's screaming and bangs on my mom window like really hard. My mom can't get out the car because the lady is blocking it so my mom hits her with the door and the white lady is crying wolf... I get out to make sure she doesn't put her hands on my mother, I'm yelling don't touch my mother. The lady backed up when i said that and ran back to her car lol The lady is still cursing, then once in the car drives off saying the N word and go back to Africa, the usual from racist. All this because of a parking spot. This happened in New York City. This was my second verbal encounter with a racist white person in NYC. The other was a white crackhead lol. So what was your encounter, what did you do and what state and area where you in when it happened.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've only experienced it one single time but it has stuck with me because it was so painful. Coming from Switzerland, I've never experienced any racism, neither on myself nor on others. I would say that there is very little racism in Switzerland... certainly compared to countries like the US. However, I've lived and studied in South Korea for some time because my girlfriend comes from there and that's where I was once verbally attacked by an elderly Korean guy. The whole thing was pretty ugly. I would have loved to punch him in the face but when you're in a country like Korea or Japan, that's not a very smart idea. The police would've valued my word lower than his already for the simple fact that I was a foreigner. So I just yelled at him and eventually chased him away.
    I have to admit though that I didn't catch much sleep that night. Maybe for Americans these things are so daily and routine that you don't even care anymore but I still remember I was absolutely shocked. I knew racism exists in the world but I had been living in a pretty racism-free bubble so far. The feeling that somebody hates you for something that you can't change is excruciating. I know this from another part about myself: I happen to have a physical disability and there were a few people in my childhood and teenage years who bullied me for it. The fact that you already struggle much more than other kids and you have to go to the doctor and hospitals all the time and then there's this one or two older kids who hate you for having been born with that disability is very, very painful. The feeling is worse than anger... it's complete helplessness. That's how I also felt during that racist encounter.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was a freshman in high school and a chick who had a locker next to mines was a racist. She wore confederate flags, had white supremacist logos on her backpack and clothing. She had blonde hair and green eyes. One day I was getting my books and she was in her locker while I was there... she turns and says "Oh great I'm neighboring next to a dirt baby. As if there isn't enough of you filthy niggers wondering around." I ignored her because I don't respond to ignorance. So the verbal abuse continued for weeks on end until one day she spat at me. I lost it and beat her ass. I bashed her head in the lockers and kicked her ass. Spitting is beyond disrespectful and never taken lightly with me. She transferred after our suspension was over 😊😂 Funny thing about it was that her dad left her mom for a black chick and her little brother is half black 😂😂😂😂😂😂💀

What Guys Said 13

• Calling someone else a white crackhead while being offended at being called n**. The hypocrisy about it.

Also the story you are telling sounds more like calling you racist slurs was a way to insult you rather than being racially caused. The incident that lead to the confrontation happened before already and the other woman - independen of whose right or wrong and independent of her choice of words being correct or not - used the most obvious thing to insult you with.

And yes, I had been people calling me racist slurs and attempting to discriminate me based on my heritage as well.

• Your brain must hurt? Your thinking to hard sweet heart lol boy bye

• @madhatters4

Argumentum ad populum or bandwagon fallacy. And yes, it depends on the intent and context. If you can't differentiate between the two its not my issue. I explained you throughoutly and I also said several times that this person is a douchebag nonetheless. Doesn't change the fact that the insult while being a racial slur isn't necessarily a racist insult. Do with that what you want now, I leave it be because we are wasting time by going in circles. Just read my last statement again where I clarified that when a person degrades men and women alike he/she doesn't make a difference and thus isn't sexually charged in that degration

• Can you just shut the hell up, why are you reading so much into something when you weren't there, you didn't witness it. She said the N word plain and simple and told me to go back to Africa. Your a freaking lunatic, all of you racist people are. You racist people never see the big picture because ya are so small minded and mental. I wish all racist people could just drop off the face of the earth, ya taking up too much space. The world would be a better place with out ya. Mr. Fakename123. Don't right on this post again loser.

• sadly i've encountered a few times

from being called an oreo in school to the constant insinuation that because i'm black i should only like rap music

and several other instances as well

• Be happy this happened in New York City. In the South the cops would intervene at once and, you know what happens then in the South if you're not white, don't you?

• Im white and white people were racist just because im muslim

• lol you're in new york too? lol its crazy here huh.. anyway, ya.. i always get called a terrorist because im middle eastern

• I heard a black woman who was trying to get through a doorway which was obstructed by a bunch of white guys, me included, mutter "damn honkies".

I found it amusing. I am proud of being white.

• Yes and it's happening every day. BLM activist screaming at me while I walk to my class on campus.

• I'm caucasian. If someone was racist towards me I would laugh and walk away. Call me a cracker or whatever. So what? I'll still laugh it off and not care.

• TSA. i'm always the random search

• Yeah all the time cuz I'm Mexican :(

• Sadly yes
    Very subtle

• hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no but that yacht guy needs to "fixed"

• never in my life. but they know better cuz i'll kill them ;)

What Girls Said 18

• I had an Asian guy threaten to kill me and my friend because he apparently got a call from his boss and he lost his job. He didn't stop there though; he went on that it was white people's fault that he lost his job, that we were lazy, we deserved to die, he was going to kill us "fucking white people", and some other choice words directed at our race. No one did anything so we had no choice but to get off of the bus.

• Not sure if I'd consider my experience to be a racist thing. Perhaps prejudice. I remember I went to change my identification card at the government department office and once I took out my old card the man at the counter asked me "Are you Indian, this is impossible because ALL Indians are dark but you aren't"

Then I answered him saying yes I am, are you Indian, because you're darker than my brother and father" LMAO You should see his reaction that time he kept and checking his skin. I hope he didn't kill himself after that :)

• No, they haven't.

It might be because I come from Estonia which is considered as Northern Europe and because I'm white and also a Protestant, to be honest.

• Too many times. Was riding in the car with my friend and a guy on a bike cut us off so she beeped at him and he flipped us off. He kept zigging in front of us so she yelled out her window at him to move. He did but pulled beside us and started calling us niggers and saying that that's why no one likes us and such. That's just one of many. It was much worse when I went down south.

• No, that has never happened to me. It's quite unfortunate that things like what you described still happen, though.

• No, they haven't.

• Yeah, a lot when I was in China...

• I'm glad to have had only 1 outright racist experience in real life. A student saying "the terrorist room is down the hall" in an honors math class because I was the only black person and Muslim in the class. I didn't say anything back but that's the only time someone's been racist to my face.

• happened to me before but am not willling to get into details

• Yes, but only on GAG. Hasn't happened in real life, probably because I live in a country where pretty much everyone is white.

• I've experienced people being racist towards me many times

• I'm sorry to hear what happened. Some people are assholes.
    I haven't experienced any racism but a lot of homophobia.

• Rejection

• Yep mainly from Latinos and white people

• I was talking to my mom in Chinese while we were shopping and this middle age white guy tells us 'come on, use english'. I don't understand how it's any of this business what language I use while walking up and down aisles.

• Not to me ever.

Stupid racism.

• Just about everyone has experienced racism.

• No kidding, I don't recall saying they didn't.

• Well I have experienced it.

• Black and Asian people have been racist towards me consistently throughout my life