I feel like a real loser. is this normal?

Finished University 2 years behind at age 23.

Got an overall B grade with my major gpa even lower, (B-)

I feel really miserable. I'm turning 24 this year. No job, no future, no life.

I keep thinking about how I'm only beautiful and nothing else. Whose going to marry me..

Most Helpful Guy

• You are just overthinking. I'm same. 24 ongoing. I was 2 years behind to finish my bachelors. At first I barely had Cs and Ds. At max second class. Then finished everything with distinction. Still no job, no future. I keep thinking about how I've only great personality and nothing else.

Stop thinking like that. Thinking about it is not going to help. Keep looking for jobs. Apply at all possible places. If you apply at 25 places you might get chance at one of them.
    And don't worry about marriage. Marriage is not really important. Once you are satisfied with your life you will be able to focus on it.

If you are still not confident then go for masters. Give everything you have and bounce back!
    I'm doing same. If I don't get job within a month then I'm finalising my masters admission.

• How am I supposed to get a masters with shit grades/

• Out of curiosity, to get a Masters even at bad Universities, can you repeat courses to show those initial marks weren't reflective of your potential?

I'm thinking of repeating 2-3 of the courses I did badly in while I work. My University is an hour's distance from home so it's not completely unrealistic.

• Why are you thinking about bad universities? With B- you may not get into top most universities but you can definitely get into the universities after those top ones.
      It's up to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• well

1 get a job thats a start. even if its not your dream hob. its money. so while yore swallowing yore at least not going into debt or ending up on the street.

2. what do you WANT to do. aside from getting married. what would y lie to do with your life.

3. work towards that.

this is all a start. once you start doing things and seeing yo CVAN do things you'll feel more confident.

yo could have flanked to of school and still not be 'stupid'. people have different learning styles and different abilities. just go id what yore passionate about and go do it. meanwhile get a ob. wait tables or work in a book store be a life guard whatever.

What Guys Said 15

• so you're a loser because you had b average and don't have a job at the moment?

you're doing fine. just get out there and work on finding a job. your gpa isn't bad at all and is above average, and in reality shouldn't really impact your ability to find employment

• Many gys will if you are really beautiful but your GPA is not bad; you just need to find a job to boost your confidence

• You need to do some things to work on your self-confidence. "If I am not for myself, who else should be?"

• I feel the exact same way :O
    I finish my college in 1 year.
    I am 21 years old and will turn 22 this year.
    I too have no job, no future, no life :O
    Despite me tirelessly trying to no avail.
    Holy sh*t!

That makes me feel like a total loser when others, that are even a year YOUNGER than me are already driving used cars to get to their jobs and I don't even have a drivers license >.<
    Who the hell want's a boyfriend like that?
    Damn.

Except I don't make a deal out of not getting married because that's not my loss in my life.

(incoming hurr ur steel yung)

• In Indian culture, marriage is like seen as the beyond and end all of life.

It's going to be so difficult for me moving forward, because my parents are going to try to set me up with a guy, and while I guess I'm okay with it, my choice of guys will be less because I'm less successful.

And if I delay marriage it's going to be worse. Imagine at age 30 with looks fading, no proper employment prospects and only basic education being alone.

• I'm sorry, I cannot share the same viewpoint of marriage as you do, so I cannot really help you but only relate =/

That's also why I am stressing and hurrying up to set up my life ASAP because the longer the wait, the harder it gets. Snowball effect.
      All we can do is keep trying until failure is not going to repeat... as hard as it sounds.

• Jesus fucking Christ, you asked the same question yesterday, the day before yesterday, the day before that and so on so fort.

• Huh?

No lol that wasn't me.

• Sure it wasn't - yet somehow the story is word for word the same as usual. I can even go back and find my opinion on that question, if you want.

• I actually did read someone else posting a similar question the other day. I don't know if you're referring to that post but it wasn't me.

I did post a question about this once before but it was a while ago. And it revolved around whether your major GPA mattered not really the personal dilemma I'm going through

• You are alive - "no life" is an overstatement.
    No job - truth be told, you won't become employed if you don't do anything about it.
    No future? Your future prospects are more promising than for a lot of people.

With an attitude like that, though.. I concur, who's really going to marry you? Is that really important?

Your priorities need to change. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, put more emphasis in finding work in your field of choice.

• Work in the sex industry while you're still young and save money to start your own business.
    You'll make heaps.
    It's what I did...

• Just wanted to clarify: not that I don't feel sympathy for people who work as strippers etc. because I read a book where someone was doing it and it showed a more sensitive side to the reasons they do it, which are mostly out of desperate times.

However, it is not something any girl should aspire to in the least and should be treated as such

• Lol damn. I prly won't leave college till my late twenties who gives a fuck.. i'll be an engineer. Just do you. I love my life.

• Do you know that like half of the student population feel this way. I felt like that 1 year ago but today I am doing better. Just study slowly day by day even if its 2 hours only after few weeks you will see a big difference. After few months you will pass some exams and feel a lot more confident. 1 year from now you will feel like a new person. There are a lot of people in your situation so don't worry you are not alone and everything will be alright. :)

• this is totally normal, your just overthinking it too much, dont worry, im sure there are plenty of guys willing to marry you

• -sigh-

I WANT TO WRITE A MYTAKE SO BAD AS A PARODY OF THIS

• Do you have no heart?

• Everyone says that so I guess I know it on a logic level but I have yet to find it out on a personal level.

Out of curiosity... if no one cares about grades why do people study in school? I've always wondered.

• School tests your adaptability and a number of other traits unrelated to your raw knowledge. Time management, personal drive, cleverness ( if cheating ), ruthlessness, perseverance, raw intellect, adaptability and application, etc.

That "A" represents nothing relative to your accrual knowledge.

• trollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Seriously? Lol you can't identify a troll from the real thing

• I notice I always cling on to being beautiful when I'm at a low point in my life, because I sometimes start to believe without it I'm nothing.

This inevitably makes me hate myself. My mom told me it's a blessing to be beautiful and I should treat it as such. I understand that. But I also sometimes feel as though I need to take a break from looking good. It's one thing to look good because you feel good it's another to put a make-up mask on yourself because you're afraid of walking out without it.

Ha ha Hilary was a lawyer educated at one of the best law schools. But you know that's a good example of someone who really defied women stereotypes. If she tried to doll herself up etc. etc. it would actually be even more complicated. No woman (even the most beautiful) is devoid of public scrutiny when it comes to looks

• again, i just think u give too much of a dam about things that dont matter all that much.. look at me, i can easily be mistaken for an ISIS terrorist.. do you think im happy about how i look? i just dont give a shit anymore.. im doing my thing in school and im happy,, if somebody doesn't like something about me, then they shouldn't look at me

• You're not a loser.

• Life has bumps everyone hits them sooner or later I graduated when expected but not with a great grade and now i'm the same age as you and unemployed it's not a nice feeling.
    What did you study?

• I studied business

• Yeah I get what you mean. It's a horrible feeling.

• Have you learnt to use the office suite fully particularly Excel and Outlook.
      Also most organisations use an SQL server so learning to query a database could be useful.
      After I learnt those things my response rate increased and my interviews have been much more positive.
      Also iv found it's best not to completely neglect doing other things to get out or you will go stir crazy it could potentially help you network as well. I made that mistake after i graduated and if anything I was actually less productive as a result.

• You just need a job. Im 25 just went back to school to get my first bs degree. I had an associated degree when i was 23 i was too old too. i ised to think im a loser but u knoew everybody has thier own life and issues and circumstances not everyone is lucky to finish school on time or get a job they want. Ur gpa is fine u r not a c student. U just need a job really start with anything even if its not related to ur major.

What Girls Said 6

• Then go back to school and get a higher degree. Or start applying for jobs. You're in charge of your own life so either suck it up and make something of it or feel sorry for yourself while effectively ruining your life that hasn't even begun.

• If you believe your a loser than your right. Your missing your life purpose hun?

• People finish late all the time. You are not behind as people graduate at all kinds of ages. You've graduated university, that is an accomplishment. Just figure out what you want to do with your life. Go volunteer, do internships, travel, work odd jobs and see what you like. What's the rush. And being beautiful is very helpful in our society. Just make sure to also work on your confidence and self-esteem :)

• you're not a loser... you're just confused about what you wanna do

• What was your major?

• Business

• Hmm. that is a a common one! Could you go get another degree? I've heard you can reuse the first 45-60 credits you get since they're Gen ed, even though you may pick a different univ.

• Are You sure you're turning 24? Your age bracket doesn't match what you're saying. But you're beautiful and can't do math for your own age and no job, no future, no life. Whose going to marry you indeed

You must be Asian correct?

• Well thank you for the condescension.

I don't really know how to fix it on this site.

I'm Indian