Why do all the diseases originate from Africa?

I am not trying to be racist or anything, but why do all the diseases originate from Africa? Like Zika virus, HIV, Ebola, etc.

1|0
14|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, most of the worst diseases came from European and Asian countries like Black Plague, measles, Lyme disease, syphilis, bird flu... It just seems like they all come from Africa because it's 2016, but most diseases did not come from there. If you noticed, the diseases you listed have only come about in the past 50 years, but most diseases in the world did not come from there.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't all come from Africa. Its' just that Africa has both a climate which is fertile for disease AND is the least developed area of the world AND health backwardness. Thus the worst and most prolonged outbreaks of really bad viruses usually come from there, as they become worthy of publication and global attention. Lassa fever is another baddie. Laughing sickness. Sleeping sickness. Some of em you've probably never heard of. Asia has some really bad ones too, but they do a better job of containment and prevention. Malarial mosquitoes are the world's biggest killers. Africa/Asia have more problems with snakes than anything.

People take indoor plumbing and sewage treatment for granted in the developed world. But, you cut off the electricity and thus the water/sewage treatment for a few years in America... and you wouldn't be able to walk across your yard barefooted without taking your life in your hands. Indoor plumbing is such a blessing. Daily baths too.

They have some god awful parasitic and fungal conditions too. The stuff of nightmares. Imagine seeing a baby with a stomach the size of a basketball because of tapeworms. Imagine wading across a river in Laos and coming out with 1000 leeches stuck to your body. Ahh... the... Leprosy. Terminal Syphilis. Nasty shit.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• In many parts of sub-Saharan Africa, disease spread rapidly due to the the lack of adequate hygiene practices and lack of awareness concerning the transmission of diseases, along with the fact that infected animals (such as fruit bats) are also eaten.

4|1
    0|0
  • we got conditions tht viral diseases can survive in like our climate and lower access to health care. vectors like mosquitos live in abundance. although "ALL" diseases don't originate in africa.

2|1
    0|0
  • To be frank, humans first evolved in africa, so yes, all our diseases came from africa over 40 thousand years ago. I'm just trying to feel sorry for all the stupid things everyone else has said.

3|0
    0|0
  • Actually the real question is why do they STAY there when they die out in other places. Scientist don't actually know where things start out *cough* unless they manufactured them *cough* They simply record where the earliest known emphasis on KNOWN, outbreak is.

1|0
    0|0
    • Plus warmer climates help things grow. Colder climates generally speaking have less diseases and stuff because not many bacteria grow in colder climates. Instead they get frostbite.

• I think it's because diseases are easily spread in African countries due to the living conditions.
    And I also think it has to do with the climate, since it's warm.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't have the medical advances like other countries and also many live in poverty so rats and other rodents are around them more

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, the most epidemic diseases came fom Europe most of the STDS are said to have started in Europe during the greek period. Africa just has a climate in which diseases thrive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's a poor country without medical care.

0|0
    2|0
    • Africa is not a country, it's a continent consisting of 50 independent countries.

• Show All
    • @BlueCoyote The official language in Mozambique is not French, it's Portuguese.

• @BlueCoyote But your description about some African countries it's great! I wish more people knew you what you know.

• because of the dirty environment there is no even clear water

0|0
    1|0
  • My grandpa said that when HIV first happened, it came from people in Africa using monkeys for sex. It could have ten spread through unsanitary conditions and sex with humans. I don't know if it's true but after hearing what people DO have sex with I can believe it.

With Ebola, the conditions in Africa are ideal for the disease. Low levels of sanitation help spread it, and so do the animals..

0|0
    1|0
  • Cause they're poor and under developed country

0|0
    2|0
  • It's a poor and poorly educated country. Not everywhere of course but large parts of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Africa has dirty hygiene practices and the bacteria thrives there easily

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• There are over 13,000 -14,000 more or less thousand diseases, what makes you think it all came from Africa?

0|0
    0|0
  • Greater animal diversity and closer contacts between humans and animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because kids in Africa are dying op. Why do you think that is?

0|0
    0|0
  • i guess because the climate in africa offers a more stable enviornment for viruses to thrive in

0|0
    0|0
  • Unhygienic environments, Dirty water, Open sewage systems in some poor parts, The medical care in the country is bad.

0|0
    0|0
    • Plus condensed populations so everything spreads quicker.

• maybe because we all originate from africa

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they do fucked up shit with animals.

0|0
    4|0
  • No medic , also they do sex a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where did bird flu come from? SARS?

Stop being a racist asshole.

0|0
    0|0