Which one are the wars fought for idiotic reasons in your opinion ?

• Race wars Ethnic Conflicts
  • İndepence wars
  • Religious wars Crusades etc.
  • Colonial wars to exploit the natural sources of the country..
  • İdeological wars
  • Other (Comment pls )
...

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• all of them

• i love that most here object to holy or race wars but no one seems to think fighting over long dead tree juice is 'dumb'

What Girls Said 7

• There has not been one war that hasn't been fought for idiotic reasons. Far better diplomacy is what this world needs tbh.

• Your not going back far enough in history. No such thing as a religious war but there is such thing as people hiding behing religion to push their agenda. So war in general is stupid but i do have to say if we go to war now it wouldn't be stupid at all.

• Religious wars Crusades etc.
    There is no point in those wars.

• Almost all of them.

• Anything religious is stupid.

• I think race wars are probably the worst.

• All wars are dumb...

What Guys Said 15

• I think virtually ALL WARs. It's just senseless loss of lives. But it was inevitable because humanity has the nature to destroy themselves. Inevitable that there are always oppressors and deceivers and hypocrites.

Also it's because I think that "War Is a Racket". Either way history repeats itself, and because of "If you want peace, prepare for War". It's impossible for humans to stop fighting among themselves, for "as long as there are people, there will ALWAYS be War".

Just a reference:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyzKQhmxqVo

• The deep reason for a war is always economic. Money, riches, trade, control of the natural sources of the countries attacked. Or stopping a third country from getting these.

Religion, ideology, nationalism, patriotism, ethnic oppositions are only means to persuade the cannon fodder to die eventually.

• All wars are in one way or another fought over resources - be it territory, labor, wealth, influence or some other valuable commodity. You've listed excuses, not reasons.

• 3, 4 and 1 are the most idiotic reasons.

• I cannot limit my response to just one of these kinds of wars. The three wars that I find to be the most idiotic come in this order from 3 to 1. (3) Ethnic Wars, (2) Colonial Wars, (1) Religious Wars. The only reason I did not include Ideological Wars is because of the Korean War. Had we not fought against the North, then South Korea would not be on the map. Instead we would have one big Stalinist Korean Peninsula forced under the ideology of Juche (Self-reliance) which cuts off nearly all outside trade and ties with the outside world.

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

the war on emus was by far the worst.

• Voted C.
    Reminds me of George Carlin.
    "My God has a bigger dick than your God."

• Fandom wars.

• race wars are stupid

• Except independence wars , all of them above are bullshit reasons to get in a war

• All wars are idiotic. Basically countires haivng a tanturm when they don't get thier way

• Everything expect independent wars

• Religious wars Crusades

• The second Gulf war led by Bush. That was criminal.

• It's a trick question.

They're almost all fought over which groups have what resources.

The rest is just window dressing to inspire the cannon fodder.