Do unintelligent people voice their opinions more than intelligent ppl?

I recently came to this conclusion because my co workers dumb as hell and he talks about everything and anything. It's non stop.

But my subcontractor doesn't talk as much, he is rather intelligent.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is definitely a sign to watch out for. Loose mouths and too critical and opinionated to the point of being too judgmental. It's mentality instability.

Most Helpful Guy

• All the obnoxious loud mouths are unintelligent. But intelligent people can also be very assertive. But they are more articulate, educated and never resort to name calling or yelling.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe intelligent people just don't feel the need to constantly prove their knowledge by sharing their opinion on everything

• Well I have heard a quote saying that intelligent people are more likely to doubt themselves/ keep things to themselves whereas people who are nowhere near as smart as they think they are, love to just hear themselves talk

• Not really if someone feels they have something to say obviously they will speak up, why would an unintelligent person voice their opinions more when they know what they say probably makes no sense at all, people voice their opinions because everyone has an opinion and a right to voice them.

What Guys Said 10

• i agree.. i believe in staying quiet and educating yourself before talking.. this happens to me a lot when i talk about religion

• The funny part is that some stupid people insist they are right even when aurguing with an expert.

• I don't think this is always true, but studies have been done which suggest that people who know less about something also tend to be unable to judge how much they know about that thing, and will generally be overconfident.

• Do unintelligent people voice their opinions louder than intelligent ppl?

• Quite possible. Most of the intelligent people I know tend to be rather silent and reserved.

• I think if you are more intelligent on a subject it's easier to voice your opinion on it. But there are intelligent people who sit back and listen.

• Intelligent people... well it depends on whether they choose to wield it or not.

• The thing with intelligent people is that they tend to think first and mostly only pick fights they can actually win. Which means that standing in the middle of the office, loudly proclaiming this or that probably won't be too appealing most of the time.

• Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one.

• I think Opinions are like hair follicles. You have many but you want to keep most in your head.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more