Do you like the First Person Shooter genre of Video Games?

Games like Halo, Call of Duty, Half Life, Overwatch? Do you like them?

I dislike the genre generally. I just think they are devoid of originality and fun for me. Overwatch is an exception though... as well as Goldeneye back in the N64 days. and yeah i enjoyed a few round of halo with my pals when it was new, but otherwise i just dislike it.

• Generally Yes
    35% (8)62% (15)49% (23)Vote
  • Generally No
    43% (10)21% (5)32% (15)Vote
  • Depends on the game
    22% (5)17% (4)19% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
11|11

Most Helpful Girl

• Hate them. Make me feel dizzy and nauseated.

It's too bad so many great games are only first person...
    I guess the programmers there are too lazy to make the person too. Haha

P. S. I know it's a lot of work... so I get it - if people are still buying it, then why try even harder when you can make as much money by just... not? xD

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• Generally, I don't like them very much but there are some exceptions. I'm gonna go ahead and class Portal as a FPS game here (even though it's really not one in the combat sense, just takes on the style, y'know?) and that's pretty fun and Doom is awesome so there are a couple I like but ehh. Not really the type of game I enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally, no. I'd rather have freedome to run around and enjoy the universe and do random shit. I like games like The Witcher more. Plus, I'm not good at aiming, so, I'd rather do a combination of moves, like one of one combat, rather than aiming.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like all first person shooters, but yes I like the style. But I also like third person shooter games. It really just all depends on the game itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dislike shooters with a great passion. My reason is due to how most people who play shooters tends to be and bashing on most other types.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of my favourite genres, I tend to like classic fps more so than the typical COD, battlefield, CSGO, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Occasionally. I do play Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch sometimes. Used to be into COD but it's lost its touch

0|0
    0|0
  • No I feel bad shooting people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am so bad at those types of game, i recently got overwatch though and I'm having a good time with it, more because of the different characters and how the community seem to be less toxic than some others are

0|0
    0|0
  • In general, no. Most of my experience with first person games are FPS and they are dead fucking boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Wolfenstein?

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh the new wolfenstein was AWESOME.
      Hell you could do acid with Jimmi Hendrix in it

• I enjoy ones some and not others,
    I liked DOOM
    Wolfenstein the new order and the old blood
    Far cry 3 and 4
    The Call of Juarez Series
    The Rainbow Six Series
    Insurgency
    Bioshock infinite
    Brink (Yes I liked that one)
    Necrovision
    Verdun
    And more but things like COD or battlefield suck

0|0
    0|0
  • when I was younger, it was probably my favourite genre.
    today I barely play them anymore. I still like the genre, but most games aren't really to my liking anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • a little bit. Generally i prefer third person shooters more like The last of us or uncharted. First person shooters for some reason have a tendency to have lazy single player stories to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, but i think their cover system is too simplified. like GTA V thats a nice cover system.

0|0
    0|0
  • Goldeneye, perfect dark... played them a lot, and some pc ones.
    Yes i like them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    Because I'm good at them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked Half-Life 2. The others you mention not so much or haven't played.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been a fan of RPGs or Fighting games

0|0
    0|0