Attached to people too easily, good ways to stop?

Before it was anyone. Now it's mostly guys, like if they're like me or have amazing qualities I look for in a friend and they're nice to me; I'll get attached to where I want to talk to them a lot, I kind of anticipate them texting or calling and I want to hang out with them. It's not intentional and I don't bug them. It's just a feeling and I can't stop it from happening but I try to ignore it. I just don't know how to stop from getting easily attached

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not sure why you'd want to stop this.

It sounds to me like you fall in love with a person a little.
    This is a hard world, with not enough people like you in it.
    And it certainly doesn't have enough love in it.

Stay attached. Love the people. Train yourself not to stay unattached, but to let go of the expectations.

What Girls Said 2

• It's rare i find someone I connect with, who have the qualities I look for, so when I meet someone like that I get attached to them. Not in a clingy or obsessive way, but I get attached to them emotionally.

I think it's difficult not to , because it's rare to find people I feel a closeness to. I guess it's not a problem if it's people who you become close to. It's just not a good idea to get attached to people who feel indifferent towards you.

• I get that way too with guys that are nice to me. It's so annoying, right? They're on your mind and you debate texting them or asking them to hang, but then you don't, because you don't want to come across needy or psycho or like you want a relationship, because you don't. I've been able to curb the thoughts by always assuming no one wants anything to do with me. Maybe I'm a pessimist now. But I assume all the guys I meet have girlfriends and lots of other friends and are too busy to have any time to deal with me. So if they're nice when I see them in class or whatever, fine. But I don't have any expectations for them to try to contact me outside of that, even if they have my number and all the means to do so.