Why most people generalize muslims as a race?

Today must non muslim people are generalizing us like a particular race , infact , there are white muslims, Asian muslims , black muslims , latinos... but people still generalize all muslims as a race , for example i saw a video the title was " White guy vs muslim guy " the muslim guy was also white and they showed his religion and not his race.

Be respectful please 🌷🌷🌷
And have a good day :]

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Many lack knowledge I guess, And yeah it's funny how they think all Middle Easterns are Arabs or Muslim,
    Not all Arabs are Muslim, millions are Christian
    Not all Muslims are Arabs, actually, Arabs only represent about 15/18 % of the world Muslim Population
    Not all Middle Easterns are Arabs, some are Turkic, Kurdish, Persian etc...
    Many white people are actually Muslim like many Bosnians, Albanians, some Macedonians and even Russians like the Tatars or Circassians...

0|2
    0|0
    • Oh and Arab is not a race, not anymore at least

• Show All
    • I see.

makes sense tbh.

• I agree with this, Arabs is not a race,
      Arabs are nations and tribes who took arabic as mother tongue
      There is black, white Caucasian and nomads who are Arabs
      And there's Asian Arabs now

Most Helpful Guy

• Well dude think with some logic. Muslim faith is most prominent in middle eastern countries. I understand that you might be offended by that but for the most part that's just how it is. You don't see a lot of white muslims around. It's just logic dude. You can't take everything to heart.

2|2
    1|0
    • Well yeah thats also right thanks.

• Show All
    • actually, it's not. There are more Muslims and South/South East Asia than the Middle East

• I actually didn't know that. All the way from Turkey to Indonesia has largest population of muslims. Ended up reading this whole page lol.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

On average I think your average white American would of came to the same conclusion. It's a common misbelief here.

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Ignorant people.. but maybe they just want to put then in one group.. it still doesn't make sense tho

0|1
    0|1
  • When people talk about 'Muslims' they are usually talking about the Middle Eastern/Arabic ones, so basically it is a whole generalization confusion.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because people are ignorant

0|1
    0|0
  • Lack of knowledge.

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't... those people are uneducated

0|1
    0|0
  • Cuz they are stupid

0|1
    0|0
  • lately religions have been seen as a race and people can get confused. It's sadly just part of todays day and age. :(

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do they do it to Jewish people as well?

0|1
    0|0
    • They do this to them too?

• Show All
    • Yeah they consider all Jews to be Jewish now. Like there are are Arab Jews Kurdish Jews American Jews etc in Israel but usually they are incorrectly just referred to as Jews

• @yucel_eden this can ofcourse be true of christians too. my view is that i dont really care. believe what you want and come from wherever you come from... doesn't matter. we are all humans.

What Guys Said 13

• Ignorance. Lots and lots of ignorance.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's scary how you can't even predict based on skin color. There's that lingering distrust towards everyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because scientifically speaking the religion did originate in the region which is now middle east. So it's origin is entangled with a particular race (middle eastern and arab). Later the religion was ADOPTED by other races. But still religion and race does have a strong connection. For example majority of Hindus are Indians. It would be ignorant and stupid to ignore this link.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with me. I wonder how much longer it will take for people to get into their heads that Islam is a religion and NOT A RACE.

0|1
    0|0
  • Laziness.

0|1
    0|0
  • i dont

0|1
    0|0
  • Because of the media.

1|1
    0|0
  • Who cares? Besides Muslims should be worried about more important shit than being generalized as a race.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Well takumi if you want the truth just read the Quran, if you find anything saying about honor killing i promise i will leave islam.

• We are not idiots, islam is peace thats why we are muslims , if there was honor killings and that bad things we won't be muslims

• Ignorance and laziness.

0|0
    0|1
  • Cause simple people who talks about Islam doesn't know a thing about Quran , Mohamed, Arabs , Muslims, history

They only knows how to talk about what they don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Its usually by social justice warriors who call anyone who speaks out about muslims racist. They are so ignorant that they can't understand that race and religion are two different things.

0|1
    0|0
  • ISIS &Al Qaeda.
    It's the Muslims want to kill us.

0|1
    1|0
  • Because right now, there is no clearly physical attribute which looks "extremist".
    So we can't say "All black muslims are terrorists" or "All white muslims want to kill you"

So we are generalising one step above that. "Muslims are terrorists. Muslims want to kill us."

The day we can all correctly identify extremist nut jobs as a race, we'll all be better off. For now though, that's why it's happening.

0|3
    0|0