Can I train my body to handle heat?

I have a job as a mascot like thing for a summer fair. It's two weeks in August and it will be *hot*. Can I train myself over the next month to get used to the heat? Is it even possible? How?

What Guys Said 2

• You need to develop a tolerance for the heat and the sun. Being outside for two weeks could result in a massive sunburn. Start gradually increasing the amount of time you spend outside every day. Remember that the single most important thing you can do to help in this process is to drink tons of water.

• Yes, It's called acclimatization. Try and simulate your expected working conditions for a few hours a day for a week or two before starting the job. Usually takes 4 or 5 days. And drink lots of water. Water, not soda!

If the mascot job requires a bulky costume, there are cooling vests you can wear under it.

• Water is a given, but how do I simulate the conditions?

• Well the big difference is the outfit...

• You can wear some bulky clothes in your back yard to practice.

What Girls Said 0