When I'm older I would like to get a pet SNAKE any ideas what kind I should get and please don't say something completely absurd like a cobra?

Most Helpful Guy

• This depends because you have a lot of stuff to consider. Like commitment because most species are expected to live for over 20 years, you'll have to take care of them for that long. Next is food, you'll need to give them prey food like rodents and you will need to put aside space in the refrigerator to store their food. Also for their enclosures you need to make sure it's secure because snakes can escape easily.
    Now for the snake choice, you don't want constricting or venomous snakes like boa constrictors, green snakes, Burmese pythons and so on. They're difficult to take care of. As a beginner, the most recommended snake would be the corn snake because they're very calm, easy to take care for and don't grow too large. They're also beautiful coming in a nice array of colours. The only down-side is that they can escape easily, so you'll need to make sure you have an escape-proof enclosure. Otherwise they're the perfect starter snake for anyone.

• Hun I know about snakes my family used to own a pet store and I used to babysit animals for my next door neighbor she had a fucking zoo three pugs 1 Italian Greyhound 1 watt riler 2 poisonous frogs 5 dumpy frogs two snakes a chameleon saltwater fish freshwater fish an iguana a water dragon two tortoises and one turtle

• Lol why I have an act I have already made Seth look like a lier 6 times where he trying to say I have a boyfriend and would walk by saying this is why we don't tell u shit

• Haha oh wow, you're act must be pretty good lol
      Also people just wouldn't believe me because of how 'dodgy and constantly stoned' I look haha those are my most common descriptions

Most Helpful Girl

• I got a corn snake. They're pretty chill and easy to take care of

• i would have a snake now other than my mom doesn't like snakes or rats or anything fun lol 

• ya she would she said she likes some snakes that eat rats out side lol she ran screaming across the house naked screaming its a mouse it's a mouse kill it kill it i went in the bath room and all it was is a hair ball and a pice of ribbon

• Hahha gotta love moms

What Guys Said 8

• alright now, why NOT a 'cobra'? :D

I don't know about snakes but I've seen / known people keeping pythons as pets alright...

• Might I suggest something else like a hamster? I'd suggest a snake but I don't know the different pet snakes.

• lol i have had hamsters i have had dwarf hamsters evil basterds gerbils ginny pigs dogs cats fish birds lizards frogs turtles tortoises so really the only kind of pet i haven't had at some point or another is a snake

• O and it is ok that you don't know of any snakes lol

• Nothing wrong with cobras, they're majestic xD

Anyway, you're at the wrong place. You shouldn't ask us "The Online Snake Experts", but you should contact a local pet store and ask the seller what snakes are best to be held as a pet. Each species has its own behavior you know

• Lol I know that lol but we don't have any pet stores ware I live the closest is 2 hours away and like I said I'm not going to get it to I'm older LOL and I just kind of see what people would say but I tend to do a lot of background on any animal I get

• 2 hours to get info is better to get months to years of trouble with the wrong snake XD
      I think there should be youtube vids by reptile specialists out there

• lol hun trust me i do a lot more than 2 hours of background i will look for weeks to i Pract have the info in memory

• I heard ball pythons and corn snakes are easy to care for.

Whatever you get make sure you get him/her a fancy hat! :3

• Beware... That might be the only snake you'll be getting.

• corn snake

• Just get a nice big c*ck :-)

• Do not feed a snake. Feed a dog :)

What Girls Said 1

• A viper?

So sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's like when someone says "whatever you do, do not touch that knob" and I just have to touch it anyway.

Good thing my finger isn't on the nuclear bomb switch ya know?😜