I think its just me but girls do you over think when a guy says he likes you?

Most Helpful Guy

• it always depends on how we feel for them xD if we tend to like them too, we tend to overthink.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually do because I have to know the reasons as to why he does. If I hear reasons that doesn't make sense, and it's all 'feelings' related. I would just ignore it. Not to be mean or rude. But because you would end up in the relationship for all the wrong reasons, and then when things don't work out the way how they would want it or picture it to be, they leave. Instead of trying to fix it. I've been there on multiple accounts, and I'm glad I never took that step. It was the same thing back in Middle School this guy liked me, and I just wanted to be friends. He even spreader rumors for 3 whole days since we met that we were dating, which isn't true. That guy got me even more upset and made me disliked him. Then as we encountered each other during my High school years till 19, he was more civil with me and vice versa. This is only from us walking home since went to different schools, but live right across from each other's buildings. But what made me glad that I never bothered is when he keeps throwing up he has a girlfriend in my face. Like he was trying to get me jealous. No buddy, you got me pissed off for even attempting to do that. I stopped talking to him completely. Not worth the effort. And I sensed that with him for years anyway. And he is naturally a jerk. Ladies and gentlemen, do yourself a favor, you encounter somebody who does stuff like this, run. Don't bother trying. They need to have genuine reasons for liking you or they'll string you along for the ride. A very stressful ride.

What Guys Said 5

• 1 What do you mean over think
    2 yeah especially when you say that you like a freind. They often take it as a betrayal instead of you being brave enough to tell them.

• I think everyone gets a dose of the "overthinks" when that happens.

• I told this cocktail waitress I liked her at a local bar. I got kicked out that night (lol) but I think about her all the time. I haven't seen her in a few weeks and I wonder if she's maybe thinking of me

• Why do you overthink?

• in my opinion, its that she probably doesn't like him like that

• If a guy say he likes he genuinely does, most of the time, unless you just met him the first night, but if you been around him for a while and says that, he genuinely means it.

What Girls Said 13

• I've only had a couple of guys tell me that, and I just took it for what they said. If they are very indirect and don't tell me they like me upfront, I do tend to over think it, simply because it is hard for me to believe that a guy actually likes ME for once. It was especially like this for me in high school, since I was pretty shy and timid.

• I do lol. I am doing it ri8 now lol. When we start likeing someone we enter this zone.

• Nah, if anything, I downplay it.

• No. I take his word for it unless he's clearly a player. Not much to overthink.

• What's pyou?

• I think it depends on your self esteem. Go with it, you wil VERY soon discover if he's real or not. It's called womanly intuiton

• Course!

• i used to. i used to make more out of it then it was. then i woke up.

• lol whats to overthink about that?

• No one's ever said that they liked me, so no.

• Yes. I think everyone does

• Absolutely I do. I tend to overthink a lot

• I think everyone over thinks when a guy (or girl) confesses their feelings toward them, its only natural. I mean you want to know how much, where it can go, what the potential is... and truth be told over thinking is good, so long as it does not affect where you choose to go with the relationship or what is next