What do you do to cope with loneliness?

My days are usually filled with work and school, but now that I've got a few weeks off for summer I have a lot more spare time. My parents are out to work, my brother is at school and my friends are on vacation. Now I'm just sitting here all day with nothing to do and nobody to talk to, so the loneliness is sort of getting to me. What do you do to cope with loneliness?

Most Helpful Girl

• I watch Netflix or study... that's about it

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a puppy! Go swim in a lake, go to a gym, walk around town/city. Quadding, literally anything so you're not sitting there bored all day.

• Also if you don't want to buy a game we live in a wonderful world of torrents.

What Girls Said 1

• I am never lonely. I wish I was. I enjoy my alone time more than it's normal.

What Guys Said 6

• I usually play Skyrim and do some workout - appart from sitting on the internet. I don't really have anything better to do.

• Play games, do work (job). In short, I keep myself busy and focused on something. Don't watch movies forcefully if you're not in the mood or don't oversleep, it will only make the lonely feeling worse. Try doing stuffs. Play pokemon go. You can interact with people in the street doing this.

• I realized that loneliness is just like boredom, in that it only effects you if you allow it to.

So I don't.

Plus I know that I'm better off 'alone'. I have a few good MALE friends, and an awesome brother, though, so I'm not really alone.

• watch any tv series show or sleep or listen to music or better go to the gym and workout, or play any video games

• Go out to town and try homosexual sex

• If I was lonely I'd go fix it.