Which out of these would be safest to travel to right now?

I booked a holiday to Bodrum and it's been cancelled due to what happened in Turkey so now I have no holiday planned but have been thinking about going to one of the following countries in the poll but I wanted people's opinions on which would be safest to travel too?

• Greece
  • Spain
  • Mexico
  • Lanzarote

Most Helpful Guy

• i mean lanzarote has very very little crime

spain and greece are generally safe.

mexico has parts you want to stay away from, parts you just need to be smart and parts that are very VERY safe

but all that you mentioned are safe places to travel. smart traveling is the best way to avoid any problems. greece's proximity to the mideast and issues with refugees and the economic issues make it slightly prone to safety issues. but as of yet there have been no issues with tourists related to those matters

• here are the numbers from 2014
      Thefts 1,821
      Robberies 956
      Damage 445
      Robberies at home 241
      Violent crime 166
      Robbery with violence or intimidation 105
      Theft of motor vehicles 75
      Drug trafficking 35
      Voluntary manslaughter & murder 1

... so clearly there isn't terrible crime but as with any tourist spot (they receive well over 2million a year) there is going to potential for theft. btu that can be thwarted by being smart. not traveling with lots of cash. locking your room and locking belongings in a room safe. not traveling to areas that are unsafe or being unaccompanied, etc

• lol. Lanzarote has very little land upon which to have crime, and almost no population to become victims of crime.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd avoid Mexico at all costs. There's a lot of violence going on there especially with the drug cartels. Greece is in financial ruin so I don't know what the social/political climate there would be like. A friend of mine was in Spain for work and said it was a pretty nice place and if he knew the language he'd definitely like to go back and have a leisurely visit.

What Guys Said 16

• Lanzarote is in Spain. I used to travel there every summer when I was a kid. It's very safe, there's very little crime, and it's a pretty island. It's a great island to just relax and disconnect from the world, so I highly recommend it.

Spain is also pretty safe overall.

Mexico isn't safe at all, I don't know why people even vote for it.

Greece is safe, but not that much, given their current situation.

So if I were you, I'd choose Lanzarote, if what you wanna do is just lay down in the sun and relax.

• Lanzarote, Spain and Greece are all completely safe. The only thing about Greece is that I wouldn't currently go to Athens. All other parts of the country, the islands in particular, are no problem (I am Greek myself). If you go to Mexico, there are parts where it's very safe (basically where all the tourists go) and parts where you better stay away from.

• Spain & Lanzarote will be quite safe.
    I wouldn't be really afraid of Greece either (Peloponissos rather than islands near the Turkish coast like Lesbos or Thessaloniki)

• How about Disney World. The world is running short of safe places to travel to.

• From a logistics point of view - Lanzarote is a tiny island so it is probably most secure.

• Spain probably.
    But why not try Portugal? :D

• I wouldn't go to any of these because they're way too hot for me, but Greece seems safe if you avoid Athens, as do Spain and Lanzarote (the latter of which isn't a country, though).

• Out of them I would say Spain and Mexico.

• spain is a much better choice

• Spain. I'm biased.

• if you like heat but dont want to fly for too long then lanzarte though i prefer tenerife

• Greece and Span are on the verge of falling apart financially, and I don't know where Lanzarote is, so I don't want to get lost. Mexico sounds like a nice relaxing vacation.

• Greece has economic crisis and sucks from all way :D

• Spain is most likely the safest.

• Greece is pretty safe, it's where I live. And it's a good place for a holiday if you like sun and beaches

• Greece is in economic turmoil so people may want to steal your stuff there, Spain has malaria mosquito's (i have heard) Mexico has drugs cartels. Lanzarote seems like a nice place.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm living in Spain and I'm in it right now and there's absolutely nothing. So I can say its safe here, as for the other countries I really don't know 😅

• I would definitely go to Spain, including Lanzarote, but I would prefer Ibiza ;)

• I'd say either Greece or Spain. I don't know much about Lanzarote, so I can't talk about it.

• mexico

• mexico

• Spain I go to Spain every years and all is great except for some fight

• Greece- poor
    Spain- bulls
    Mexico- gangs
    Lanzarote- what da fuck is that?

• Spain I would say