Why should someone learn to play chess?

What are the benefits of playing chess? And is it too late to start it for a 21 year-old person?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think chess is a good way to exercise your brain or something. I like it.
    And if you want to learn it, go ahead. It's not too late.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you know, it exercises your brain. If you don't use it you lose it. Problem solving, analytical skills you memory etc. all of that will develop

It's not too late, it doesn't take that long to learn. If you want to play then just look up the rules and then play vs AI on your browser. After that get a board if you want or challenge players online and take it from there

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...5-8c96-3084de77c375.gif

What Girls Said 4

• It's just a game. You can learn to play at any time.

• Reasons to play chess:
    1. you have way too much free time
    2. you've tried all the fun hobbies already only have enough money left for a chess set

• No one "should" learn it, it's just a fun game, I personnaly like it, I play against my dad often.

• There's no benefits besides getting better at strategizing.

What Guys Said 11

• If you like board games, games that requires you to be strategic, and think strategically, then chess is for you. It's never too old or too young to learn. It's either you have the will or interest to do it and learn it or you don't or that you don't care about it.

There are tournaments for chess games also, I meant official chess tournaments.

The most interesting ones are the ones where the best players and chess champions in the world competing and going up against a supercomputer program to play chess. I think the results eventually is in the supercomputer's favor, although the champion human players had been winning previously, and later were able to "Draw" or "Tie" the game, ending the game in stalemates.

• It's never too late. And it's a great game that teaches logic, planning, fore thought, and things like that.

• i dont know how to answear that. no benefits, mby more logical thinking, i started to play with my grandad and i like it untill now! i dont see its something super or so, i really like to play with some persons ;D (im 18 now, unusual in this times huh?)

• to increase their strategical thinking and problem solving skills. it requires abstract and distant thinking which is a hallmark of intelligence.

• Because it's a game like any other.

Although I do think Shogi is more fun.

• No it is not jesus 21 is like a toddler dude.

• Meh, the main benefit is that you learn to question why people take certain actions and adapt on the fly. It's a state of mind. The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry...

• It's a fun game.

• Strategic thinking.
    No.

• No it's never too late. It's just a good game

• I got no idea, I play it sometimes to feel like a sir.