Do you believe ISIS is a threat to your country?

• Yes - America/Canada
  • Yes - Asia
  • Yes - South America
  • Yes - Africa
  • Yes - Europe
  • Yes - Middle east
  • No - (comment where you live)

Most Helpful Girl

• No and Canada. Not yet at least.

• Canada is always so indifferent about any international issues lol I don't think ISIS is pissed enough to attack Canada just yet.

• @Waffles731 It was a joke Waffles on what he actually did. Plus he told me of the ISIS threat so.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am from Switzerland and I would say... maybe somewhat but at the moment the threat is pretty small. Switzerland is a neighboring country of France and very close to Belgium, so this certainly increases the danger. It's also a neighboring country of Germany, where ISIS might attack next. Switzerland is literally in the very center of Europe, so it's rather hard to overlook it... even if you're an incredibly dumb islamist terrorist.

On the other hand, Switzerland has done many things right in the past (politically speaking) that have drastically decreased the risk for such terrorist attacks. First and foremost, Switzerland is a neutral country. Our government has never sent any troops to fight abroad and though it has officially stated its concerns about the war in Syria numerous times (from a humanitarian point of view), it hasn't officially picked any sides. Also, we're not part of the EU, and more importantly, we're also not a member of the NATO. We even joined the UN very, very late, in 2002, although the UN main quarter had been standing in Geneva long before that. So all in all, we gave people in the middle east or north Africa very little reason to hate us for.
    Secondly, Switzerland has done a MUCH better job at integrating foreigners than most other western European countries (especially France, England and Belgium, which all did a really crappy job). We don't have any suburb ghettos where muslims just sort of "vegetate" in frustration and bitterness and growl over their joblessness and lack of life perspective like in Paris or Brussels. The employment rate is very high and the mix of nationalities too. So if you're a foreigner in Switzerland, you probably have at least some Swiss neighbors. And even if you don't, chances are you won't have any neighbor from the same region. You might be from Libya but your neighbors would be from Spain and England and Estonia. The society is structured in a way that foreigners are forced to interact with the locals, which helps them adapt and assimilate. Plus, we also don't have any real poverty, which usually functions as a catalyzer for radicalization.
    Also, Switzerland has never had any colonies anywhere, hence we don't get as many immigrants from North Africa as France or Belgium do for instance.

And finally, we also don't really have any particularly famous landmarks that would attract large crowds of people. We've got the Alps, but they're vast and a terrorist wouldn't know where to strike ;-).

What Girls Said 15

• Absolutely, those disgusting lunatics have already proven they are active in France and Belgium so why not Luxembourg as well? The only good thing is that our country is so small so they might rather focus on bigger countries first..

• did luxembourg start bombing raids in syria at the drop of a hat? i think you are safer than you think you are

• yeah right. difference of opinion perhaps but im far from ignorant

• @wankiam I've never said that.

• Well I mean, technically ISIS could be a threat to any and every country. But as it is right now, no, my country doesn't seem to be on any of their immediate hit lists.

• Nope UK.

We have bigger shit going on, ISIS probably don't want to get involved.

• Nope, LoL, they probably haven't heard of my country ;)

• Yes -Georgia, only Christian country in our neighbourhood, right above Turkey.
    They threatened to us 1.5 year ago, but here have not been attack yet, It is very safe place to live and I hope it will stay so.

• They threatened to attack the city where I live quite a few times, a few days ago being the last one, so.. yes.

• *North America

• Yes - France.

• no, angolaa

• No. I live in Canada. But from South Korea.

• America. But, I'm not really shaken by these things.

• Yes, France...

• they are saying they will atack Brazil during the Olympic Games

• It wouldn't be a surprise, given how there's people from absolutely everywhere, so it's an easy target.
      Hopefully it doesn't happen, but we all know how these people operate :/
      Stay safe.

• I had actually forgot about ISIS threat to Olympics with all the other news about the Russian team and things not being ready. I hope it doesn't happen.

• America/Canada= North America hahaha but yes... Huge threat

• North america, includes Mexico lol. I purposely excluded them

• yeah

What Guys Said 32

• No. UK; and I feel that ISIS is a critically weakened non-entity, whose leaders simply try to put on a front to make out that they're far bigger than they actually are by announcing "yes, this person carried out this attack in our name, and was secretly one of our operatives!" every time any person in the world who happens to be Muslim (i. r. o 25% of the world's population) carries out any attack which could be considered an 'act of terror', even when they have no links to IS at all. A fitting analogy would be if the KKK were to start loudly claiming responsibility for each and every attack which could be considered an 'act of terror', carried out by any person in the world who happened to be a White Christian (only 7% of the world population)- attacks like those carried out by the Planned Parenthood Shooter, or the Holocaust Museum Shooter, the Tucson Mall Shooter, the Charleston AME Church Shooter, the Texas Baptist Church Shooter, the Knoxville Church Shooter, the Sikh Temple Shooter, the Aurora Theater Shooter, the Columbine Shooters, the Las Vegas Cop Killers, the Sandy Hook Shooter, the Oslo Norway Mass Shooter, the Killer of Dr. Barnett Slepian, the Killer of Dr. David Gunn, the Killer of Dr. John Britton, the Killer of Dr. George Tiller, the guy who attempted to assassinate Donald Trump, etc, etc. If the KKK had come out and claimed responsibility for all of these attacks, wouldn't they be considered a bigger threat than IS? "I say I did it" doesn't mean that IS actually did.

• No. They are far behind the USA militarily, thus why they resort to guerrilla warfare. It's an effective strategy to bite and nip at the heels of the USA but it won't get them any sympathy or bring them victory. All that they can hope to accomplish is to desensitize the US public enough, that eventually citizens won't argue with government and try to prevent conflict. In that event they provoke a large scale war which could lead to solidarity in the region to fight off outside invaders and bring people to their cause, but ultimately it would lead to their doom because we could steamroll the entire region and ethnically cleanse the shit out of it if we were so inclined to do so. Most US citizens are peaceful until they're continuously lead to believe they are facing subhuman servile scum... Just look at WWII. Most countries complain that we got involved too late, and that we should have helped out earlier, but once we were pushed too far the entire world changed... Don't poke a sleeping lion...

• It's a threat to Belgium. We had two bombings: 35 people, including three suicide bombers, were killed and over 300 others were injured, 62 critically.
    My wife and brother escaped it by 5 or 10 minutes.

• It's a threat for my home country, Spain. They've already said several times that they plan on regaining Al-Andalus, which is current Andalucia, in southern Spain.

It's also a threat to the US, where I currently live.

• In Ireland we are neutral so never send troops but that is to say nothing could ever happen - No in the sense I think there are countries who face a far greater threat - On the other hand we could be a soft target - There was something planned for our game with Belgium in the Euro soccer championship but I believe Belgium was the primary target. All in all, you never know,

• No, but i'm severely concerned about their attempts to ruin humanity as a whole, before this all started most humans were tolerant and accepted, and you can see it on social media, there's a distinct divide between people who still think like that, and others who've become more isolationist and more "far right wing" and a lot of this is to do with how we've handled everything so far, but it can also be stopped by us too. i recently heard of a story about a Polish family from Plymouth in the UK who had a right wing extremist attack on their property, they lost their shed, but a local gardening company replaced it for them completely free of cost (it was something like £1000), as a way to show that they're welcome in this country, so yes ISIS may be a minor threat, the main threat to our countries is now ourselves in my opinion, and i hope, for all our sakes, we sort this out, otherwise we could see the unthinkable starting to happen.

• dont get me started. these motherfuckers organize their terror attacks in molembeek Belgium. they are planning attacks from my backyard so to speak. the Belgian government had troubles with Molembeek for years, literally years, who knows how long these guys have been there. are they a threat? absolutely.

• They're a threat to the whole free-thinking secular rest of the world.

• I'm smoking that non fear based shit. You should stop being scared all the time buddy

• @Averageusername
      I think you're smoking that ignorance is bliss shit, but I'm in no position to judge your D. O. C! The question is 'are they a threat to your country?' Not 'are you scared of them?' I'm not scared, I know the odds are really pretty good I won't get caught up in a terror attack in the city in which I live, but a terrorist attack along the lines of what happened in Paris is a possibility here, or a car bomb, or suicide bombers or the subway like in London a few years back. So they are a threat to people living here, in this country, they are a threat to this country. I don't see what's so difficult about that! lol

• they're a threat to any country where they can carry out an act of terrorism which is most countries

• ISIS is not the biggest threat in the world. But there are other impending threats that need to be addressed

• No. I'm in a tiny, insignificant country which is not active in the middle east and has no big other issues either. We are also less attractive than the other countries for those things. It's not impossible, but very unlikely

• Maybe no, Although some of them were trained in my country but they dont have feeling about us.
    But They may do that if they pay attention to some international contract that is against terroism.

• I'm not afraid. I'm from the US.

• Yes. But, the real threat is our self-sacrificial foreign policy.

• Tbh I have better things to do than to worry about a bunch of goatfuckers. They'll probably do something in Holland eventually. But I'm not gonna worry about it because that's exactly what those little nobodies want.

• USA... Isis is just trying to scare everyone, and to most americans they are doing a good job on it. I don't even think most of the domestic terror attacks in the U. S. had anything to do with them but they will take the credit cause they want us to be scared. They don't even know their own religion.

• I'm more concerned about state sponsors of Islamism (like Iran and Saudi Arabia) than ISIS, but, yes, ISIS worries me also.

• I'm from Saudi Arabia and ISIS a threat to the country even though Saudi Arabia is the most Islamic country in the world. ISIS is not a Muslim organization it is only putting the name of Islam there, for distortion reasons.

• They must be destroyed.

• I'm American and no I do not.

• India. They have already declared their plans for india. But we just have too many soldiers. Like locusts and quails 😂😂 so no worries.

• Terrorism is a psy-op

• If we are gonna talk about threats according to numbers if victims then USA and Israel make much more thraet

• I think they are a threat to all European countries and to some Asian countries... they have threatened Portugal and Spain directly, so I have reasons to be concerned!

• No. Turkey

• Those twisted goat f*ckers waste everyone's oxygen by breathing.

• no - england

• nope cuz i'll kill them

• These are continents not countries... Nope, my country is not an immediate target

• More from Guys
    2