What do think of Danish people?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know from personal experience because I've never traveled to Denmark or met anyone from Denmark. But when I think of Denmark I have a positive mental image of the country and I'm sure the Danes are wonderful people. I would like to visit there. I'm sure it's a beautiful place.

Most Helpful Girl

• They sound like they've got a hot potato stuck in their throat.

What Guys Said 17

• i've met a handful and have several danish friends. friendly, kind, fun, interesting people.

Denmark is definitely on my list of places to visit

• I like them. I would say Danish people and us Swiss people are pretty similar in terms of mentality. However, one thing I don't like is the sound of your language. I'm sorry but Swedish and Norwegian just sound much prettier ;-).

• I don't know if I met any in real life but I am watching a lot of Danish programmes at the moment so how reflective they are of life there. "Broen" "Borgen""Arvingerne""Dicte" Hjertelos", they have become popular on some of the TV channels we have in Ireland. I want to catch up with "Forbrydelsen"

• I've got a family friend who is danish, she came to the U. S and is now a citizen, she is nice but I agree you guys are very stoic, dour, and honestly from what I've seen of european's I tend to find Europeans kind of emotional repressed.
    good people just very very different

• Those I met are nice but not as open as some Americans.

• "They're people. They're Danish."

• Would like to meet and know more about

• I dunno but seems most of their names are Dani

• Most of them are multilingual.

• lots of them are racists but their women are good looking overall

• Examples?

• I've lived in Denmark for 4 years now and I think they're a curious bunch. They can be weird like the staring randomly when on the train or the weird food but they can be really helpful and kind :)

• They are beautiful and nice

• One great musical group (Pretty Maids) and one great singer in an American band (White Lion).

• they got some hot girls

• I've seen some hot girls from Denmark with pretty impressive bodies! lol!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• Well, Denmark is a weird little country.

On one side it's extremely open minded. And on the other side it's xenophobic as hell.

People are extremely friendly, but extremely distanced at the same time. (Talking to strangers on the bus is unimaginable, even talking to people in your class that you don't know is seen as weird, but if someone needs help, people jump in right away.)

The social equality is fantastic, but I only realised when I went there, that for some it's too stuffy, too normed, too comformed, with heavy tax burden and the state having all encompassing access.

This might also be the reason why many Danes are very comformed, boring almost. Society is very important and to comform to many rules is also very important. Anyone who doesn't, is looked down upon.

• The ones I've met seem really dour and not very friendly.

• tall blondies

• they seem to have an interesting history and culture

• never met one so i don't know

• ı have never met one :)

• I think they are smart and they seem to be open-minded too.

• Tbh, I don't personally know any.

• Haha thank you for the question. It's fun to read about as I am from Denmark myself.

• Dont know any so...