What's the definition of beauty?

I'm just wondering who defines what's beautiful? Like why is being tan considered sexy or having blue eyes pretty? Surely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but like how do most people agree on what's beautiful?

Most Helpful Guy

• It varies from society to society, historical age to age, and within that, from individual to individual... Although individuals are highly influenced by the age and society they live in. We only need to look at Western preferences today, for men with six packs and super built up muscles, and super thin, often hip-less women with breasts larger than their heads. Wouldn't our ancestors find that ridiculous if they could see it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• I think a person's view on life determines what's beautiful

I honestly think that beauty is everywhere. For example I'm physically attracted to curvy women. But that doesn't make chubbier or skinnier women less beautiful. They stay beautiful, I'm just not attracted to them. -> looks, people

The view of stars, a sunset, nature, fireworks, artworks -> beautiful views

The relation between parent and child, love, the will of fire, expereinces with family and friends -> beautiful

• a combination of qualities, such as shape, colour, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.

• My gloots.

• Being beautiful is far more than just physical looks

• Surely but here I was talking about physical beauty

• Mathematical or idealistic?

• In my eyes, beauty is how feminine and elegant a girl is.

• Light peace

• Is my dick hard? Then it must be beautiful.

• an even more interesting question is why do we like beautiful things

• its something pleasing to look at/see
    the most beautiful thing in the world is love, and
    other things are a naked girl who really loves me in every way and wants sex, and my attentions/affections.

What Girls Said 1