Which side of hard rock do you prefer, the 70s and 80s style before grunge, or the post-grunge?

The former with bands like Van Halen, Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Motley Crue, KISS, Def Leppard etc.

The latter with bands like Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Saliva, 3 Doors Down, Foo Fighters, Shinedown, Finger Eleven, etc

• Old-school
  • Post-grunge

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not enjoy both? I like older rock music, like Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, AC-DC, etc, but I just got back from Rock Fest and the shows that 5FDP and Slipknot put on were pretty kick ass, along with many other bands

What Girls Said 2

• Old school. Music is dying.

• Old school

What Guys Said 5

• Post grunge. I grew up listening to Alt Rock, Post Grunge, Punk Rock and some Indie and its what I for the most part still enjoy. Ya I like the classics I think they put a smile on people's faces but I prefer to actually listen to Post grunge. Rock on doe \m/

• Definitely old school.
    Foo Fighters have one song I like though. Having said that, it's not even on my play list.

• I love 70s and 80s. my favorite bands are pink floyd, slayer, doors and amon amarth. I think the 70s are the legends that everyone looks up to. to me without 70s rock the rock scene today wouldn't be as good.

• There is some good newer stuff, but for the most part grunge was the end of great music for me.

• Five finger death puch