Would you kill a man to save your child?

Imagine. your child has been kidnapped by a serial killer. The killer has contacted you and he told you that if you want your kid back, you're gonna have to kill a man.

Would you do it?

The name of the man you have to kill is Brad Silver. Would you kill a man to save your child?He's a low-life drug dealer who, from time to time, sells drugs to kids. But here's the catch: the man has two little kids himself.

He has no wife. So if you kill him, you'd make those two girls orphans.

However, if you don't kill the man, the chances of you getting your child back would become very small.

So, what would you do?

Would you:
1. Shoot the man

2. Spare the man and risk your child's life

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably yes, if there is literally no other way around it.

What Girls Said 10

• In a heartbeat.
    What makes this decision easier is that it isn't a harder ethical question about whether the life of an innocent man is worth more than the life of my hypothetical offspring, but rather someone who deliberately chooses to wrong me and intends to kill my child should I choose not to comply. It is sad that his children will have to suffer for the sins of their father, but as selfish as it sounds, my family comes before his. Not exactly a utilitarian, I know.

• I'd kill the killer-this is based off a video game :3 Plus, homie Brad knows some people somewhere-he's a drug dealer, he has connections. We would team up with the smart computer person. BOOM. So, I can just train hard and go on a mission to get my girls back and kill the would be killer. Happy ending. Everyone important is happy.

• The would be killer is still a killer because he already killed 7 boys.

• I would get him to say where the boys are, where he found them, etc-to let their families know.

• kill him 😅😭

• I'd just contact the police

• Then your child is dead. Thought it'd go without saying, but like they say in the movies: "no police".

• not the kid though :p if it isn't my kid I don't care I would just rather not do the killing. If I had to I would but I think police can handle it

• In this game, where I got the videos from, the police actually think the guy you play as is the serial killer. That's why it wouldn't be such a great idea for him to go to the police 😂

• I would fake his death, then find the guy who has my child and I'll kill him.

• I'd kill the serial killer.

• You don't know who or where he is.

• @redeyemindtricks Yeah, the last thing I wanna do is cooperate with a serial killer. He could just kill the kid even after I follow instructions.

• Yeah.

Plus, even if those *were* the only 2 options, the asker didn't exactly make this difficult 😂😂
      I mean, I'd be the first to call child services on some fucker who sold drugs TO KIDS. Then no problem taking him out, and, the kids would totally have a forever home here (we are actually in the process of trying to adopt 2 more kids right now, lol).

• This is morbid, but i think I would.

• Kill him and adopt his children.

• Kill the man and adopt his xhildren. Problem solved

• no I would not I don't want to get to jail and I never touch a gun of my life

What Guys Said 8

• There is one BIG problem, there is ABSOLUTELY NO certainty or guarantee that I would even get my kid (hypothetically, again since I never wanted any) back or see him again even if I were to follow the kidnapper's orders. For all I know I may not and I would have to consider that possibility and be ready to face that kind of a nightmare. And unless I see proof that my kid is still alive, I'd have to presume that he might already be dead. For all I know, my kid might already be dead and I'm manipulated to carry out the kidnapper's deadly plan.

I mean, once I followed his instructions, then what's next? He might not be done with me. After all if I had succeeded in carrying out one murder, he could want me to carry out further murders all out of desperation, and where will that lead to? It will potentially get both me and my kid killed. There's really one thing I know I need to do, get help from someone that isn't officially law enforcement but has the resources, the knowledge, the equipment, the firepower, the determination, and whatever it is that takes to track down and hunt down the serial killer before the worst happens.

I don't really give a shit about the low life scum or his kids. The problem is that what if the kidnapper doesn't give me back my kid after I did what I was told to do? It's a no-win situation here since I'd be at the mercy of the kidnapper since he has leverage over me.

I'd need to get help and advice from someone that knows how to track and hunt down serial killers. But in the mean time I may have no choice but to play his little game. Unless there is a way for the serial killer guy to actually verify whether Mr. Silver is actually still alive or not in "real time", then I'd create the illusion that he is dead somehow.

Either way I can't do this all on my own, I'd need help on someone that really has the experience and has fought against and deal with serial killers taking hostages before.

I'm really gonna need help from someone that's like ex-FBI, ex-Special Forces, or ex-CIA operative, someone like Bryan Mills from the "Taken" movies for example.

We would also have to find a way to figure out who the kidnapper (s) are and what relevance they have to the person they want me to kill. We need to find out who this serial killer is, where he and his acquaintances are, and if there is anything or anyone I can actually use to hold leverage against him, since that would be my only real chance of ever seeing my kid alive again.

• hell yeah!

• What's the backstory?

• You go to the park with your son. Everything goes well until you take your eyes of your kid for a sec. You turn back around and notice he's gone. You search the entire park, your house and everywhere else where he could be, and he's not there. The next day, you get a letter in the mail from the origami killer. The killer is already infamous for having killed 7 other boys in the same manner, so there's no doubt it's not him. The letter tells you to go to one of the lockers at the train station. Inside that locker you find a shoebox. Inside the shoebox, you find a gun and 5 origami figures. Each figure is a task you have to complete to get your son back. You unfold one of the figures and it tells you to go and kill Brad Silver. That's the backstory in a nutshell.

• What an ass right? XD

• Yeah, and I get angry at you like you're the killer, making it harder for me XD

• No question, dude is dead.

• But you'd make two little girls orphans

• Reminds me Liam Neeson. "I will find you, and I will kill you."

• Yes, yes I would.

• I'd kill a whole damn nation.

• You only have to kill one guy lol

• I am sure writers are gonna come up with something no one expected. If you have seen "Monk" , it's lead came up in s3 of blacklist in an episode. The marriage proposal guy. The way Raymond shot him was epic.

• @JudgmentDay oh, i won't even think twice. My unborn future imbecile kids, I'd protect them with my life xD

• I wouldn't. I would call the police and have them help me through this hostage situation.

• Can't I just kill the kidnapper

• But if it's not avaliable, well I will kill the man and try to adopt his childeren or at least give them money from time to time

• You can kill the kidnapper once you find him. But you don't know who or where he is.

• Well I know people who can locate him 😛

• I would spare the man, steal his kids and kill my child.