Am I white or not?

I wonder whether I'm classed as white or not. It doesn't bother me either way, I'm just curious.

Through a DNA test taken on ancestry. com which also gives you a breakdown of your ancestral roots, the scores were 90% British, 4% Italian/Greek, 2% Scandinavian, 2% West European (German/France area), 1% Spanish and 1% Caucasus. So I am 99% European, but does that make me white?

I've been told I look more Greek/Spanish (by different people) than British. I have dark brown hair and eyes and look white until I get a little bit of sun then I go brown very quickly, and one person even thought I was middle-eastern (although they didn't put it in such a nice way lol).

I know some people think that southern Europeans such as the Spanish aren't white, which is why in America they're called Hispanic, yet I can never really tell the difference between them and what's usually known as a white European other than a very slightly darker tan. What is white?

Most Helpful Girl

• you're 90% British so your white.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have actually got me there - I have never given a thought to Latinos/Hispanic in the Americas yet in Europe most would say white for most of Europe then North African/Arab/Middle eastern. It is like everything it can broken down to the Nth degree but to be honest if I thought hard about it I would just say "F*** it, European" - We live in an era where people of all colours live together and worrying too much about designation can lead to tension when none should exist. You can be a White Irish person, Black Irish person or an Asian Irish person for all I care.

What Girls Said 5

• You are a human being. There no such thing as race except for the human race. So unless your an alien or a different species, your human. You know much I have in me? Just nick name me 'half the world'. You just have a lot of nationalities of people in you. There are dark skin people, light skin and in between. There are dark skin Spanish people, and light skin. Dark skinned Chinese and light skin. It depends on environment, genetics and where they originate from. People's genetics change all the time. So it's nearly impossible to associate yourself with so-called 'race' of people. Others just grow jealous because of what the media says what's attractive and what's not. Don't fall for that garbage. Your you. Be proud and happy your living. I have Italian looks and Native American looks. But because I'm tan skinned or a little lighter during the winter as I tan easily during the spring and summer months, it makes me look darker. I'm so-called Black. Last I checked I'm human. I stop listening to ignorant people. My aunt and mother are born from the same parents. My aunt looks more light skinned and Asian, but both my grandparents look so-called Black. You know what garbage they say to my aunt when she was in school? She's not 'Black' enough. Please, just be human. But you do have an interesting mixture, I have a lot of European, some African and Native American nationalities in me too. Plus, you can't all the time go by parents DNA, as you take a little bit of everybody within your bloodline. Not even your kids DNA will be the same. That is the reality.

• If you think you're white, then you are. This is why race is socially constructed. There is less than a 2% difference between "races" in humans. We're all homo sapiens. That is your real race.

• :? i don't get it. ur 99% a bunch of white ethnicities

• Not sure but I'm 1/2 European and 1/2 Middle Eastern and a lot of people consider me "white"

• You are white

What Guys Said 6

• The reason that the Spanish are considered Hispanic is that they meet the definition of what that word means. It has nothing to do with whether they're white or not. (And yes, all Europeans including the Spanish are white.) Hispanic is not a race. And yes, many white people do tan.

• Caucasian means you are of european descent. so yes you are white

• LOOK AT THOSE PERCENTAGE EQUATIONS.

• The autism is strong.

• I am
    25 percent Slavic
    12.5 percent North African
    50 percent Anatolian
    12.5 percent Germanic.

Am I white?

• you're white bro.. dont listen to americans about hispanics and all that. they have no idea what theyre talking bout.

• just post a pic. duh.