If you were bisexual, would you tell your family?

I have never thought about telling them because I don't think it is necessary

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• I am bisexual and no, I haven't told my family. My family are pretty homophobic, they wouldn't take it well and it's way too much hassle to go through. If I do get a girlfriend, then I'll have to tell them at some point but I'd rather keep it to myself and my friends for now.

• Well, it's good to hear that you don't seem to have been brainwashed and fallen into the trap of homophobia ;-).

What Guys Said 17

• I'm "kind of" bisexual and I feel the same way as you do. I know my family and friends would be completely fine with it, they're all very, very relaxed and easy-going people. However, I just don't feel like it's necessary to tell them. I mean... yes, it's part of my identity but it's not really an important part because eventually, it's my business what I do in the bedroom. I would be like going around and making sure everyone knows I prefer tea over coffee. Nobody would have a problem with that but is it really so important that other people know what beverage I like most?

• "Mum, dad, grandma, I have to tell you something. I'm straight."

Sounds dumb, right? Then why do it if you're bisexual?
    No, I wouldn't. I'd just have them figure it out as I go along.

• Nope it's nobody's business. People who are straight don't tell their parents they are straight so why should you?

• Only if I was seriously dating another man. If I was with a woman there would be no point, because I don't talk about my sex life with my parents. Maybe my siblings, just because we talk about our dating lives.

• Yes I would

• Nah unless I was considering a serious relationship with the same sex but apart from that I wouldn't.

• If I were, maybe I'd tell my daughter but that would be it.

• Nah it wouldn't go down well.

• no as long as there is no need to

• unless you know your parents are very open about that topic, I would only tell if you have a girlfriend.
      it's none of their business

• If I don't have a boyfriend it will mean that I am sleeping with random people

• *sigh* your actions are what counts

• Nope :P

• i dont discuss my sex life with my parents and i think thats for the best.

• Nope

• i am, no need too

• there is no need
    but if i were a girl and lesbian i wouldn't hide

• I haven't. They don't need to know unless I'm setting down with a guy or something.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• I'm bisexual and have only told my twin cousin who is literally like a brother for me. My family always pretends to be all open minded but I'm sure they'll react much differently when it's one of their own relatives. I'm just not ready to potentially be kicked out and disinherited yet.

• I told my family I was bisexual (when I identified as such) just cause if I slipped something about a chick being cute or whatever they knew what was going on and weren't making assumptions.

• Hell no. My parents are very strict and religious if I was lesbian or bi and ever told my parents they would killed me. I'm serious. My dad and mum would throw me out on the streets, and take away my trust fund. Scary to think about.

• I am Bi, and I thing I will never tell my family, because i already tried and just a few days later I saw my mom on her bedroom crying, but i really don't care, I thing that later, if I marrie with a Girl, they will just know on the wedding day (sorry for my English, it's not my language)

• My family knows I'm bisexual.

• Probably not. I think I'm either heteroflexible or a heteroromantic bisexual, which means I can't really see myself being in a relationship with a girl anyways, and my sexual life is none of their business.

• I don't think it's necessary, I'm bi and haven't told my family.

• Nope.

• yes i told them when i got my first girlfriend.

• Yes.

• Never they will bring me to a special camp... So no

• No. Never. My parents are 100% against it and would disown me. I'm glad that I'm straight and never have to deal with questioning my sexual orientation or coming out to my narrow minded parents. I don't say this to offend anyone by the way.