Do you feel bad saying no to people?

Friend: Hey Justin, do you want to sleep over another night? :DD

Me in my head: No I dont want to fucking sleep over another night. I want to go home and cuddle up in MY bed and I want to be alone. Plus you have a cat, I'm allergic to cats. I'm sneezing literally every 30 seconds. I want to go home. PLEASE let me go home.

Me: Yeah sure, i'll sleep over again

I can't say no to people. it's a problem

My family and friends are catching onto the fact that I can't say no and when I say yes to something, they say to me "Are you SURE? You don't have to. Its fine if you dont want to. Are you positive?"
Even when they say that... I still say yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I don't know how to say no to people for the most part even if I really want to. This has messed me up in so many scenarios. I just want to give them what they want, I'm too much of a people pleaser.

Most Helpful Guy

• Friend: Hey Justin, do you want to sleep over another night? :DD

In his head: please let his Phaggot say no so I can beat my meat in peace.

Me: Yeah sure, i'll sleep over again

Friend: Great

In his head: FUARK...

What Girls Said 9

• You should read a book called boundaries! You need to value your happiness, it's part of taking care of yourself. If you can take care of yourself and love yourself then you can take care of your loved ones better. If you don't, you are hurting yourself and you might start hurting others. Do you want to keep lying to yourself and others? That is not a good way to live.

• Yeah, and per your update: same.

I can say no over text just fine, but face to face? I'm fucked.

• Lol I've been in so many scenarios like that! It's so frustrating at times. I blame my mom. She seems to have a hard time saying no too. Unless it's me. Then she'll shout it from the rooftops lol

• relatable

• Depend on the people I think. One days a guys I was not attracted to ask me on a date so I said him no. But if it's my friends I would tell yes cause I would feel bad to reject him.

• A lot of times yeah.

• NO
    haha see wht i did there

• I have no problem saying no.

Maybe you should just say what you really think.

• sometimes coz u end up doing things u dont want to

What Guys Said 15

• You can say, "No" if you choose to. Otherwise people will continue to control your life. You will probably be surprised by how quick they accept a No as well as a Yes reply. Make sure your, "No" means No.

• That's something I used to have trouble with, but not anymore.

Getting enough people/friends/family asking if they can borrow money from you will cure you of that.

It's a great way to weed out your real friends, too.

• Nobody has asked me for money yet, but i'm sure as soon as a friend says to me "Hey can I borrow some money?" I'm going to be like "Yeah sure, here. take my whole fucking wallet."
      I'm just TOO nice of a person

• No...

• What the fuck's wrong with you man...

When accepting sleepovers at male friends' house ALWAYS SAY NO HOMO

• Usually I don't, No is no. It happens though

• Not at all. I love denying people.
    Unless it's my girl.

• Ye... No

• Do things for you more often, not other people, just say "No", it's that easy.

• Its easy watch... No

Say it with me OP

• Lol I'm the same

• Used to. Now I do it all the time, and I kinda like it.

• NO NO NO NO NO, Is your best friend. use NO as much as you can and you will be REALLY free.

• I know this too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k
    (Nein is the german word for No)

• no I don't fuck um.

Too many try to piss on you leg and tell you it's raining

we're not here to please other people, we all have our own/private lives to live.

• Not any more. If I really don't want to do it I just say "No, but thanks for asking"
    I've learned if I do it I'm not that much fun to be around.