Do you care about what people say or think about you?

I've got this really big problem that I care too much about what people think about me or say about me it's like If I don't have someone's approval then it really upsets me and I take it to heart or if someone says something negative about me I will literally be thinking about it for days

Am I the only one like this or do you care about what people think/say about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. It's my best feature.

Most Helpful Girl

• YES.

But you know something.. I only care when it comes to things like how smart I am/may not be.

Stuff that are sensitive topics.

If it's about things like... for example.. someone thinks I look bad on a particular day. I wouldn't care. I'd be like ha ha.

What Guys Said 5

• Not at all about what they think of me. Some people make constructive criticism, such is always welcome.

• couldn't care less

• Not a single fuck is given, unless it's professionally.

• can't say i do tbh

• You're defiantly not alone with that! I'm the same I'd love to not care about what people say or think about me but unfortunately that's not the truth. I often act like I don't care but if it's something really negative then yes I do care and I'm the same I'll normally still be thinking about what they said for days after it happened if it was really bad

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I definitely have this problem as well. But if you really think about it, only you can control how much a person's words affect you. People are self-centered, so they'll probably forget about it quickly, so don't think about it too much. Be your own person! :)

• i kinda used to be this way when i was younger... i found out it was because of insecurities. i still have insecurities i need to battle but its more controlled and private. maybe you should work on that.