How do you force yourself to study everyday?

For those who do!!! (:

Most Helpful Guy

• You get paranoid. Like playing an intense violent kill-or-be-killed video game. Once you get in that mindset, you think in terms of survival and what you need to do to survive and kill the enemy.

Now, what this means us that you don't think in dry factual terms like "Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492." but begin to think like the teacher as in "If I was him/her, what sort of questions would I ask on an exam for my students?" Once you do that, then you have problems to solve and you solve them. This is studying. But, it is also a confidence builder and, subconsciously, you are getting positive feedback - like "runners high" - and you keep going. Then, when you later do well on the exam, you keep up that method of studying.

This mentality can take you far in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• i just think of the assessments and how this prep I'm doing is going to help me when the deadline comes closer. i perform better under pressure but i HATE leaving everything to the last minute.

as i know what that stress feels like, i tell myself that I'm not gonna put myself through that, and if i just do 1-4 hours a day then I'm set.

What Guys Said 20

• The knowlegde of myself forced me... I was good in regular studying work over many months.
    I was not good in studying under pressure, so I knew that taking my books in the morning would make me happy.
    This starting early enough (many weeks before my first exam) also allowed me to sometimes stop the studying work at 4 or 5 PM and reward myself with a nice bike ride or so.
    That motivated me to go on :D

• Little rewards. I would eat dinner or talk to ladies only after I studied. If I had a long study session ahead of me, I would eat something light beforehand, for the brain's sake.

• "Do now"
    "No regret tomorrow"
    ok?" XD

• By reminding myself that if I just fuck around I miles well go to the back yard and burn a pile of money since I paid for my college personally. And I highly value my money so I studied hard to make sure I didn't waste my money.

• Really really impressive that you paid for it personally.

• That's pretty cool.

How'd you pay for it, can I ask that? I've always wondered if people take time off (like a year to work) or work part-time while in school.

• @loristrike I just saved up my paychecks and then I worked and studied when I got home or when I was off and also while I was at work.

• When I was in college, I had so many deadlines that I just couldn't stop working on projects... I still procrastinated whenever possible, but there wasn't much downtime to goof off due the courses I was taking. I suppose I could have taken easier courses to get the same degree, but they would have been less interesting and less useful.

• Make it a routine to type out your written notes every day. And look up things while doing it.

• I'm studying/Gagging almost all day lol. It's a routine

• Think of yourself in a great condition in the future, then ask yourself how you arrived to be in that condition. Example: Through studying. Now I hope you get motivated to study.

• I don't like studying 😶

• Like the subject is the easiest method👌🏼i know it sounds bad doesn't it?😂
    I mean, you are doing it for your future and yourself❤️

• You find good enough reason to do so.

• I wish I could tell. #procrastinating

• You have to find a way to make it fun.

• Nope, i barley studied

• I just look at my financial statements to give myself confidence

• Just set. Aside some time

• Yeah when I want to

• You don't

• Look at the good lives of folks who did well in college.

What Girls Said 9

• I won't lie, some days it's tough. I try to keep a schedule that I stick to. I'm very regimented about my fitness, so I just incorporate studying into my overall schedule. I know I have to do it or I'll fall hopelessly behind, which is one of the worst feelings in the world for me.

• I wish I knew 😭

• I don't. Forcing myself into doing anything usually just gives me the opposite effect. So I rather try to enjoy studying.

• I have no idea. All I can say is that I hate studying. I wish I could be like those types of people that don't study at all and still manage to get As and Bs or I just wish I was a studious person.

• think about the future, and what good it will do you to have this knowledge. then be really stubborn about it, and pick a schedule for studying. it's hard sometimes, but i'm passing my classes.

• Honestly I rarely ever study for college. I concentrate a loootttt in class and all the info stays in my head.

• 1|0
  • I worry about grades so that helps.

• i like studying for general, if i dont feel like studying i usally think about the concequences and that puts me to work.